Choosing fewer than 7 skills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by snakebite36, Mar 16, 2014.

1. snakebite36

snakebite36 Member

I'd really like to be able to choose less than 7 skills when I make a new character for an even harder challenge.

2. You could always mod a skill that does nothing for basically the same effect.

3. snakebite36

snakebite36 Member

I'll give that a try. It can't be that hard to create a mod.

4. Wootah

Wootah Member

it is actually fairly easy. If you really wanted that talent to not add any benefit, you need to account for the stats you get for starting with the baseline level skill for your dummy skill tree. So for example. If it was a warrior skill. you would want the first and only level of this skill to give you:

-2:burliness:
    -1:sagacity:
    -1:nimbleness:
    -2:caddishness:
    -1:savvy:
    -2:stubborness:

SkyMuffin likes this.
  5. snakebite36

snakebite36 Member

Ahh thanks, I was wondering how I would handle that.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

You could also just hit ESC instead of selecting the skill. You would still get the benefit from the very first ability of the tree, though...and i'm not sure how the game would react to multiple saved up levels.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

I have saved up to 3 levels before and the game had no problem. Often times have 2 when I forget to put a point in after being so torn as to which skill I need next. It is like.... well I am doing alright now, but I might need more trap skill/sight, but I also might find something that I can craft/encrust on the next floor with more of this profession. Better just wait.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  8. snakebite36

snakebite36 Member

I didn't know you could just hit ESC to close the level up window. I prefer playing games without mods so I think I'll go with that. Thanks for the suggestions and tips everyone.