Changes in the current "Like" system.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by OmniaNigrum, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Thoughtful discussion, aye-aye!

sd120903 Like.png
    * sd110519 Like.png
    * sd110520 Like.png

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I see less reason to not like than to bother to click like on the posts I know are not trouble. If likes had a negative associated with them I would go easy on it. But I just care less about picking and choosing than just being done with it.

In this forum, most everyone seems to mean well and tries to help one another. So I like everything just because it is less to think about that way.

So far the only reason I have heard that likes should not be given for everything is that they become meaningless in that case. But what is the harm? Do they have a cash value? Does someone get penalized if I like a mostly worthless post?

Newbies need some likes to see that someone actually bothered to notice their posts. It is not always obvious when no-one replies to a particular thread. But when someone likes the posts then they at least know it was seen.

Kazeto and Turbo164 like this.
  3. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Funny, I turned off the like notifications as soon as I know you could.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, that's you, and some other people. Personally I enjoy going through the list and checking "what did this like-maniac 'like' this time", it can be quite entertaining.

mining and OmniaNigrum like this.