Challenges?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Jacq, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Jacq

Jacq Member

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any weekly/monthly/etc challenged for Dredmor? Reddit's r/dredmor subreddit has a weekly one and I've been having a lot of fun trying out new builds (and getting out of my "I hate crafting" comfort zone!)

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

challenge? play a character with the vampirism skill.

I still think that vampirism sucks.

3. Gaidren

Gaidren Member

Meh, at least it scales with health regen instead of magic power now. It can be pretty good paired up with Master of Arms, thanks to Walk it Off. Vampirism will bone you early game though if you don't have at least some form of healing to go with it. Communism/Fleshsmithing can both provide that for just 1 skill point invested, and both have decent 1st tier skills to boot.
    Fungal Arts is another decent option to pair with it, since you can summon pets to "feed" off of and you get healing shrooms.

I will admit, however, that outside of the tier 1 skill the vampirism tree blows overall. No reason to put other skill points in until you've filled out every other tree.

4. Jacq

Jacq Member

I generally avoid vamp and vegan, too, but it's because I'm a grumpy boots and I don't want to drastically alter my playstyle too much, which vamp/vegan force you to do.

But I meant more like something to do (like the cheevos for maxing out skill trees). Brogue has a weekly challenge where everyone uses the same seed number (so everyone's playing the same map. The dredmor one uses that same skill combinations. It's neat to see how the RNG can be naughty or nice, try out some mods I wouldn't otherwise mess with, and to see some conversation about specific builds tat are fresh because everyone's just played them. :)

For example, one of the challenges a little while back was called "The Glass Cannon", and it was
    Radiant Wizard
    Staves
    Astrology
    Magic Training
    Wand Lore
    Alchemy
    Ley Walker

I have never played a build so squishy before, nor used the Radiant Wizard mod, and I liked it. I just wanted to see if there were more out there.