Cat burglar

Discussion in 'Modding' started by codebracker, Oct 6, 2012.

1. codebracker

codebracker Member

A mod i'm working on, mostly involves stealing increasingly improbable items.
    Need more ideas but curent stealing skills are: (steal) stuff, gold, power, air, wall, underpants
    Also need a sprite for a spy catsuit.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Do you get to steal cats? If so I might try making a sprite.

Also cat ears should totally be starting equipment.

SkyMuffin, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  3. codebracker

codebracker Member

They are, it's kinda finished, bu might add more.
    Thanks, appreciate the sprite, but what cats are there to steal in a dungeon?(if you have an idea, shure, I'll make it)
    But you can steal you'r enemy's pants.
    Here is the first edition!

Attached Files:

4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Quest items.

5. codebracker

codebracker Member

yeah, but that's an item, would be kinda silly to have an abilityv to steal a rare quest item, I'm not even shure how that would work. Exept maybe if you could make it into a cat statue, that's worth a lot

Kaidelong likes this.
  6. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

Why not use the sprite of the cat as a object but the description being something like, "Stolen black cat, I wouldn't cross its path, hissing and scratching there is only one thing its good for..." Yes, a thrown weapon. Have it doing piercing, slicing damage with a possible bleed effect. Just a thought.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  7. codebracker

codebracker Member

perfect!

Vitellozzo likes this.
  8. codebracker

codebracker Member

how about a skill, that has a chance to spawn a burgled cat on kills/critical hits?
    but at which level and what chance to spawn?

Vitellozzo likes this.
  9. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

When I think black cat I think bad luck or superstition, so that brings me to bad luck numbers. So maybe level 4 as a skill. Chance/damage and whatever else should be based off 13 (earlier 1+3= 4 see what I did there?) If possible it should be a random chance to spawn, say 13% or maybe 26% might be better. Damage should be a base of 13 either divided up between the damage type I mentioned above or maybe 13 of each? 13 pierce, 13 slash, 13 bleed (Maybe 1 damage for 13 ticks?)
    I might be over thinking this.... If a skill have the spawned cat as either a effect (Damaging effect) to use on a mob or ability to summon a item, something similar to Perceptions Lucky Find where you get some burglar related item? Call it MacLean's lucky bag (Jack MacLean one of the most notorious thieves in the world.). Items would include the cat, other thrown items, lock picks, food, wands all with a burglar theme.

10. codebracker

codebracker Member

Will do that (btw not only 3+1=4, in chinese 4=death:cool:)

11. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

Aye I forgot about that too, good find!

12. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

The level 0 is too powerful with all the items and stats.

Level 1 is too similar to Lucky Pick in theory but in game Lock blaster isn't working like expected. Instead of unlocking the door it's a big explosion that actually "destroy" a part of the door so you can go through the middle block but if you try to open it on any other side the game crashes. Also it deals a lot of damages, making it a good tool to clean a room with no downside whatsoever (except being inferior to Lucky Pick when it comes to doors). If someone could fix this that would be appreciated.

Level 2 wasn't very interesting, costing a good bunch of money for such an early skill.

Level 3 Power Drain is aimed at mages, not rogues, which is a strange choice.

Changed level 0 to make it a lot less op.
    I removed level 2 and 3 and added a new lvl4 skill "Cat's Eye" that gives a debuff spell (actually Nightmare Curse).
    I also changed the stats buff at each level because it was way too overpowered but I don't remember what I did exactly since I did that days ago.

Edit: Throwing a card granted by the level 0 spell also crashes the game.
    E2: fixed a things or two (throwing card to name one) but have to test others

Attached Files:

13. codebracker

codebracker Member

Thank you, I kinda gave up on modding because I got bored with dungeons of dredmor, I'm happy someone likes the idea.
    If anyone want's to take the mod over feel free.