Card Hunter has entered closed beta.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

So am I, anxiously waiting...

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just signed up. Looks tight.

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Sadly I don't have enough time on my hands to even think of beta-testing any full games. That being said, I wish you guys fun.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've played a variety of dungeon board games of varying quality. I have one or two card based ones that I've not actually tried, though. This looks like it might be fun, so I also signed up.

BTW, a couple of days ago, before I read this post (I swear) I'd been thinking about how I would design a game like this. Granted, I have three separate ideas for games that I've thought about on and off (This is one, another is a spy game inspired by the old SPI board game "Spies!", and the third is an idea I had back in High School of a time travel game, inspired by an old, but flawed Yaquinto board game called "Time War". (But then again, all of the Yaquinto games I've played were pretty flawed -- some great ideas, just not necessarily as good as they could have been). The closest I've ever gotten to actually doing anything with them was:
    1. Back in High School, on an IBM 360, immediately after teaching myself BASIC, I started writing something in the time-travel one, and this was in spite of the fact that my ideas were not really fleshed out at all. When I realized how half-assed it was, I gave up on it.
    2. The spies one, I actually put a lot more thought into -- I had pages and pages of ideas in writing, that I knew I'd eventually have to cut down to something more manageable. In my mind, I had gone from the idea of making a board game, to making a computer game, but I still never was certain which it would be. But this time, it never got past the notebook phase (and I have no idea whatever happened to that notebook).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Zalminen

Zalminen Member

Still waiting as well :)

But since they mentioned there were close to 10k signups for the beta, it might take a while...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I signed up, I think, within 3 hours of the beta applications being open, didn't get an invite yet.

Of course, I don't know if it's first come, first serve basis or something else.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Aegho

Aegho Member

They've stated it's randomized. Note that with 10k applicants they've so far done two waves of invites for a total of 25 invites(first 9, then 16)... so the odds so far have been 1/400 to get an invite.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

While I'd love to get an invite, the odds are not in my favor. So if anyone does get an invite, and the NDA permits you to do so, I'd love to here your impressions of the game (or whatever it is that you are permitted to share).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Aegho

Aegho Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Zalminen

Zalminen Member