Can't seem to get buffs to work with abilities

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ChristmasAsen, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

What I mean is, I want this ability to give +5 ERD and a chance to cast a spell on dodge but I doesn't seem to work for me. I am absolutely baffled right now and any help would be much appreciated. :(

Here is the script in question:

<ability name="Ghillie Suit" icon="skills/spells/ghilliesuit64.png" skill="2828" level="0">
    <description text="You're a bush!."/>
    <primarybuff id="2" amount="50" />

</ability>

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

<ability name="Ghillie Suit" icon="skills/spells/ghilliesuit64.png" skill="2828" level="0">
    <primarybuff id="2" amount="50" />
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="5"> <!-- ERD -->
    <triggerondodge percent="100" spell="SPELLNAMEHERE"/>
    </ability>

3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

So <!-- ERD --> is necessary!? :eek: I thought <!--ERD--> was just a note for the author that the engine ignored. Aww crap, I gotta go back and redo so many abilities now... :oops:

Also, thanks!:)

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

1. No it's not necessary but it makes everyone else's lives easier
    2. It'd EDR

5. Knallis

Knallis Member

Hmm, I also wanted to experiment with passive buffs for a poison skill tree as a sort of test run of how these things work, but I can't get passive stat boosts like acidic or putrifying damage resistences to work, or the primary and secondary id buffs either. in the code there were <!-- --> comments as well.
    So... so those are definitely necessary? They aren't just the normal variety of comments?

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

They're comments, purely comments.

7. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Okay so I've got it to work...sorta. The stats appear on the ability when you hover over it but they aren't being applied to the character.

Once again:

<primarybuff id="2" amount="5" /> <!-- Nimbleness -->
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="5" /> <!-- EDR -->
    <primarybuff id="5" amount="5" /> <!-- Savvy -->

</ability>
    EDIT:

Hm, so perhaps we can't add stats to abilities just yet? This would explain why I also can't get damagebuff to work either..

8. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

The secondary stats should work. The primary stats are, once again, bugged. Same thing with the official skills - taking the last level of magic training is worthless right now.

9. Knallis

Knallis Member

Yeah that's what I'm getting. On the skills page hovering over everything shows the skills and the stats they're supposed to apply but they don't show up on the character menu nor are they being calculated during combat. I played with different stats and it seems to be the case for any sort of stat buff.

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Primary stats are bugged?