Windows Vista/7 64-bit Cant load my save game after getting expansion.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by reinert, Jun 26, 2012.

1. reinert

reinert Member

Hi, My save game is not working :/ It was a savegame at the last floor. could be cool to beat the diggle gods with it but i just wont load. I uploaded the save file, so you can fix it. I also uploaded a image of the save. fallin.png

Hope you can fix this, Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. Tyggen

Tyggen Member

I have the same problem, just registered here to see if anyone else did.

My games won't load, the game just goes back to the main menu when I try. This counts for all my games, old and new. I've reinstalled the game, but it doesn't help. One thing that's different though, my save games have no screenshot, just a black rectangle above the skill selection.

Using no mods and there's nothing non-vanilla about my game.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The bitmap_ file isn't the right file, please upload your charactername.sav and we'll take a look at it.

4. reinert

reinert Member

Okey :) Here it is. And btw. i also have the expansion "you have to name the expansion pack".

Attached Files:

5. reinert

reinert Member

How is it going ?

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have been unable to load this at all. No idea what the problem is. It just goes back to the main menu without a word.

Nothing in the console either. Sorry. I looks like your save is toast.

Exile likes this.
  7. reinert

reinert Member

Ohh no :/ My hero is lost. Anyone else wanna give it a try? And is there a charator editor so i can make a similary hero?

8. Aresius

Aresius Member

I tried to load it up as well, and the first thing I noticed is that a new character's save file is thrice as big as your save file.
    I'm not an expert, but one would think save files would only get bigger.

9. Daynab

It's pretty clear your save got corrupted, as they said it's way smaller than it should be. I don't know why, though.

10. reinert

reinert Member

It is? i just made a new charator and its file size was 37kb. so compared to the other save file which is 274kb its small.

Attached Files:

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If you do not mind what is technically a cheat, you can either use a memory editor like Artmoney to set your XP to 999999 and lock the value there to level every time you make any action, or you can use debug mode and press "l" as in lemon to level up 15 times per press.

Getting equivalent items is sadly impossible except by sheer chance as you work your way through the levels. You can fill your inventory with junk and drop everything you do not want and fill it again and again as much as desired though. Use "I" as in items, but capitalized this time for that.

To enable debug mode you need to edit your shortcut to have -debug-flag after the executable. So my shortcut looks like this for debug.
    debug.jpg

Exile likes this.
  12. Daynab

Size ramps up fast, and at floor 10 like you were your savegame would be a lot bigger.

13. Aresius

Aresius Member

I'm on level 10 at the moment, and my savegame is 7 megabytes.