Can't enter lvl 5 (autosaves but doesn't leave lvl)

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by lujo86, Aug 8, 2012.

1. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Exactly what sayes in the title, and it's happening to me right now. :(

And I've invested so much effort into the damned run :( After 4-5 false starts, I was finally rocking. I just needed one more thousand to buy the universal principles from a lvl2 shop, I had maxed out unarmed, I found a shrike ring and tons and tons of levels...

Anyone had tish happen, knows what the deal is? I've been down every stairway to lvl 5 allready just to clean a room and grab stuff, but now I can't :(

EDIT: PD GR, no less, and 5-6 wizardlands - I really wanted to see how far I could go...

2. 0x517A5D

0x517A5D Member

Compare the autosave.dredmorsave and charactername.dredmorsave folders. If one has a level#.dat that the other doesn't have, copy it to the other folder. (The sections in blue are placeholders.)

I think the direction is autosave → charactername, but I'm not completely sure. My current autosave is missing level0.dat that my character save has.

Edit: I'm not sure whether you do this while the game is still running, or exit the game and do it. I think I would make copies of both folders while the game is still running, and try the level file copy If it doesn't work, shut down the game, replace the folder contents with the saved contents, and try again.