Windows Vista/7 64-bit Cannot sell items

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Blackspiral, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

I am having an issue where holding shift to sell items freezes my mouse and has no effect. Has anyone had any similar issues?

2. Try doing it without Steam running. Launch from the DoD.exe Just double-click it to load DoD outside Steam.

3. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

tried that just now, that doesn't solve my problem. I also tried using the built in mouse instead of my usb mouse.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is very strange. I'll ask if Nicholas has any idea about this. Sounds like some weird hardware problem on your end though. Do you have another keyboard you can try?

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This is a new one. Can anybody else reproduce this?

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

If you're running it via Steam w/ the overlay "fix", I generally manage to unlock everything by Shift+Tab a few times. Does that not work?

Might be worth trying to map Shift to something else and seeing if it still jams up.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  7. kino5

kino5 Member

I've been tinkering with my laptop (W7-x64), to see if I could make the shift key fail, but I couldn't. I've tried with and without steam, but no luck. It works perfectly in my case.

8. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

I don't currently have another keyboard I can try but i don't think it is the input that is the problem. When in the shop with my inventory open pressing shift changes the wording at the top of my inventory to reflect the fact that I should be able to sell items. Is there a way in game to change this function from shift to some other key? If so, how do I do that?

Also, I've tried bypassing steam by using the .exe directly, and Alt+Shift ing to see if it was due to that steam option. Neither of those fixed the error. And this is a recent error but persisted after uninstalling and reinstalling DoD.

9. kino5

kino5 Member

While playing, go to the Menu and select Change Key Bindings (or something like that, I'm not looking at the game right now). There, it is easily changeable.

10. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

And the Shift key functions are not available for remapping...

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Nor can I work out where they are in the config file. Hm...

12. kino5

kino5 Member

Di
    Didn't notice that. My bad...

13. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

So frustrating... I'm about to dump all my Dod files and redownload again... are there any files that I need to save so Steam doesn't forget my purchase? I'd hate to lose the game...
    (even though I'd probably repurchase) @.@

14. Daynab

Games you bought on steam stay in your library and you can redownload them as many times as you want, don't worry.

15. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

So I tried removing all traces of DoD from my machine and reinstalling and I still have the same problem.... and an additional one. Now it won't go full screen lmao.

16. Daynab

...man that is one weird bug. What do you mean by not go fullscreen?

17. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

The game opens up in a window slightly smaller than my computers screen and the maximize option is grayed out

18. Daynab

Erm... sorry to be obtuse but I have to ask, are you talking about the maximize button on the right hand top corner? because that doesn't work, no. You have to check the fullscreen option in the game launcher to run this game fullscreen.

19. Blackspiral

Blackspiral Member

Ok, so I uninstalled shortly after my last post... And only reinstalled yesterday but mysteriously all of my bugs are gone ^^

Daynab likes this.