Cancelled skillset? Electric Warrior

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by ailure, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ailure

ailure Member

I found this in dungeons of dredmor\expansion3\game\skillDB.xml while poking around in the game files, just to get inspiration for possible mods. And it's when I saw this unused skillset:
    Code:
    <!-- Electric Warrior -->
    <!-- like some kind of magical bard warrior -->
    <!--
    <skill name="Electric Warrior" id="51" type="warrior" description="For those about to Rock.">
      <art icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png"/>
      </skill>
    <ability name="Electric Warrior" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" startSkill="1">
      <description text="For those about to rock."/>
      </ability>

<ability name="Axe Smasher" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="0">
      <description text="Rock out with a brutal attack that gets stronger as you get drunker."/>
      </ability>
    <ability name="Power Chord" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="1">
      <description text="You've got the power. Boost your attack power at the expense of your defence."/>
      </ability>
    <ability name="Turn It Up" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="2">
      <description text=""/>
      </ability>
    <ability name="Heavy Metal" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="3">
      <description text="A balls-to-the-wall dashing power attack, fast as a shark."/>
      </ability>
    <ability name="Set the Stage" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="4">
      <description text="Shock and burn your enemies with stage lights and pyrotechnics. You're really good live."/>
      </ability>
    <ability name="Power Ballad" icon="skills/electric_warrior64.png" skill="51" level="5">
      <description text="This heart-wrenching, lighter-waving ballad from the depths of your soul inflicts massive existential damage. It may, however, put some listeners to sleep."/>
      </ability>
    -->
    Why wasn't it used? Didn't it work out in internal testing? (Just curious, I love to hear out about what worked and didn't during devolopment ;)) I see it have a (single) skill icon related to it. This is not the first unused element I see within the dredmor files, but this did catch my attention.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

As far as I remember it wasn't particularly filled out and we ran out of time so it didn't make it.

3. sadron

sadron Member

Could it be patched in later?

4. Movra

Movra Member

Boring name too. How about Electric Dragon 80000V?

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  5. Wootah

Wootah Member

How about TESLANATOR! Make a skill in there about pigeons, maybe with laser eyes.

6. Chibi

Chibi Member

Canceled for import because it gave kids seizures. (you win bonus 90's points for getting this)

7. joe bones

joe bones Member

Its a reference to the seminal glam rock album by T. Rex!

8. Giygas

Giygas Member

"Rock out with a brutal attack that gets stronger as you get drunker."

BOOOOOOOOOZE! :mana_regen: So if this made it in to CotW I could chug all my absinthe and pan-galactic gargle blasters and blast the snot out of Dred?

9. Frelus

Frelus Member

Pokemon Porygon episode with all these funny explosions?
    That would be my guess...