Can we get a List of planned features for Clockwork Empires?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Mageous, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Mageous

Mageous Member

in the suggestion forum can we get a pinned post that elaborates on the planned features that have been made public?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Mageous

Mageous Member

yes more detail to take a page from an open source game im familiar with they have an itemized list... full of the publicly (stuff that the devs knew wouldn't spoil stuff for the players) viewable planned features. from buildings to fauna >.> i know that's quite alot lmao but does save slower folks like me, other folks who are smarter then me, and most importantly YOUR time in reading redudant suggestion posts

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Ah. We have internal stuff for planning features in much more detail, but we don't think it'd be a good idea to make these public.

A few reasons: We like to surprise you guys sometimes. We may plan a feature but cut it from the game for very good but probably boring and disappointing reasons. There's no need to burden fans with knowing something might be awesome then just taking that away. Plus, revealing all of our plans would put a lot of pressure on us and not let us be as creative with altering them because it'd be so stressful due to people approving or not approving or getting mad about something being done or not done.

Although openness is generally a good thing, there's something to be said for letting creative people work with an idea a bit without public scrutiny of every detail. It makes more sense in an open source project that relies on volunteers and is, well, by definition radically open. For us it doesn't make as much sense. Hopefully this explanation is satisfactory.

Aside from that, we really do like sharing what we're doing as much as is reasonable and we're happy to answer what questions we can and take your suggestions and ideas.

OmniaNigrum and Samut like this.
  5. Mageous

Mageous Member

yea i figured ^.^ no point in not asking i suppose thanks though

OmniaNigrum likes this.