Can Wands Be Used Permanently

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by rainbow, Jul 28, 2011.

1. rainbow

rainbow Member

Is there a way to use wands permanently? If so, how can that be done? If not, would it make sense to add it? If so, would you please add it?

Thank you.

2. Solstice

Solstice Member

If you take wand lore your very first skill (rod charge) can reset the entropy of a wand to zero. As long as you're careful to not over-use a wand (and thus burn it out) before charging it again, then yes, you could theoretically use it forever.

3. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

In order to use it forever, you need to charge the wand after every use. After the first use, there's always a chance for it to burn out.

4. Gbps

Gbps Member

From what I can tell, even if the entropy of a wand is 0, the burn rate still exists and it will still burn out with a chance.

5. Embolus

Embolus Member

That would depend on whether the chance a Wand will burn out is calculated before or after applying the entropy cost on each use.

6. Ratha

Ratha Member

From my little bit of testing, i think that a wand with an entropy of zero will not burn out when its used. I have not experienced it at least, even with high burn rate wands over multiple uses at zero entropy. However just because i have not experienced them burning out with a zero entropy does not prove it for certain.

7. rainbow

rainbow Member

Ok. Thank you for the intel.

8. Bronze

Bronze Member

I think the skill takes too damn long to cool down. If you wanted to use wands as your primary weapon for range damage supplemented by spells you should be able to do so without this massive cool down timer and the negative magic power debuff that it applies currently.

I find myself always charging a want and wandering around a empty room until the cool down goes away.

9. 123stw

123stw Member

I don't think it's only the cool down, it's more about the stupid fact that you must recharge after EVERY SINGLE CAST.

10. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

If you don't mind exploiting bugs you can fix a burned out wand by stacking it with the same type of wand in a crafting window. This would basically give you an infinite use wand as long as you have two of the same type.