OS X Snow Leopard Can not load saved games without crashing.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Taylor Ligay, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Taylor Ligay

Taylor Ligay Member

I am running snow leopard and have never had this problem until just today. I started a new save thinking the old one might have just gotten corrupted, but the same thing happened to my new one.

I can post the error code if it helps.

2. Emuuu

Emuuu Member

Same here. :/

I noticed that this only happens when I saved on the second floor. I can load saves from the first floor just fine.

If somebody could tell me how to log errors, I'd gladly post mine. I'm dying to play. My heart is broken. ;-;

3. traeki

traeki Member

Yeah, I'm seeing this pretty consistently. I was looking forward to killing time on the road trip north for the holidays, and probably still will, but it'll be less satisfying with every character being a temporary affair. I've had a few crash-to-desktop bugs show up otherwise, and each one is fully fatal because the save games crash on load.

Alas.

I'm excited about the new features, and understanding about the holiday crunch, no doubt. But the fatal bugs are a bummer.

4. elby

elby Member

I'm also seeing this on OS X Snow Leopard, installed from Steam tonight.

5. michutch42

michutch42 Member

I am having the same problem, once I go past level 1 I can't load any savegames.

6. Mr Green

Mr Green Member

Exact same problems here – any game saved on level 2 in the new version crashes upon loading.
    I really hope the save files aren't corrupt and this is just a loading bug, otherwise I'll have to start again.

Here is the console output, and here is the crash report. (Two separate occasions)

7. oohhboy

oohhboy Member

1.Same crash, on a desktop 10.6.8 64bit. Saves from one version ago still load. Based on one save file older than that, will also cause a CTD. Crashes are repeatable every time and will crash with the same file every time. The crash log is the same as the above user. console log is a bit different and is included below.

2.I might as well report a another bug while I am here. The macguffins you have to pick up for quests when found on ground would appear as another, but attempting to pick up would fail and change it's appearence. After it changes, you can now pick up item. Quest continues as normal.

3.On a quest related note, some Boss/battalion spawns for quests for some reason do not appear on auto map and appear to have failed to spawn outright making quests unfinishable. Macguffins still spawn as normal and quests are finishable.

1 and 3 are critical bugs that need to be fixed immediately with 1 being the more critical of the two.

Code:
    23/12/11 11:53:15 PM    [0x0-0x674674].com.gaslampgames.dredmor[11366]    deleting a splat
    23/12/11 11:53:15 PM    [0x0-0x674674].com.gaslampgames.dredmor[11366]    deleting a splat
    23/12/11 11:53:15 PM    [0x0-0x674674].com.gaslampgames.dredmor[11366]    *** process 11366 exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***
    23/12/11 11:53:20 PM    com.apple.launchd.peruser.504[185]    ([0x0-0x674674].com.gaslampgames.dredmor[11366]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault
    23/12/11 11:53:20 PM    [0x0-0x5ee5ee].com.valvesoftware.steam[10368]    Game removed: AppID 98800 "Dungeons of Dredmor", ProcID 11366 
    23/12/11 11:53:20 PM    com.valvesoftware.steam.ipctool[10378]    [Cleanse]: Removing pid: 11366 from: /BSem/15e49ed4 [GameOverlay_InputEventStream_11366_written.BinSemLock]

8. Emuuu

Emuuu Member

This doesn't have to do with the 1.0.8 teleporting issue that Gaslamp is talking about on twitter, does it?

Anyway, I'm glad other people are having this issue. Hopefully this means it'll be fixed soon. I'm itching to mess up some Diggles.

9. Zegnåt

Zegnåt Member

This happens on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) as well. Here’s the problem report generated by Mac OS X: dredmor2.log.

Note, this is a save game I started this morning, on (Steam) 1.0.9 and am no longer able to load. So not 1.0.8 which they are talking about. Could you guys who started this threat please mention what version of Dungeons of Dredmor you are using? Steam/Humble and what version? We should make it clear to Gaslamp Games that this is a separate issue.

10. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

Same problem on Linux 64bit running DoD 1.0.9. If somebody could tell me how to log errors, I'd be more than glad to post the result.

11. oohhboy

oohhboy Member

Steam version 1.0.9 with Diggle gods. I am not sure how much more clearer I can make it to the devs since this is very clearly a completely different issue. It's a crash caused by the 1.0.9 patch, not the 1.0.8 bug that was more obscure with much tighter triggering factors.

This bug triggers on any save done on level 2 and beyond. It will trigger if you load a 1.0.8 save and then save in 1.0.9. The hotfix has actually broken the game more than it has fixed, although it does seem less likely to randomly CTD now.

12. Emuuu

Emuuu Member

I'm having this issue in the Steam version of 1.0.9 with Diggle Gods. And I'm running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

13. additv

additv Member

I also have this problem with OSX Lion.
    I managed to get around it by copying my saves to my Windows machine. Looks like it's just an issue for mac/linux. So don't worry, at least your saves aren't corrupted!

14. Karfir

Karfir Member

This is happening to me on OSX Lion as well.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

10.6.8 here and same thing.
    I think it's also a floor 2 save.

16. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

I can confirm this, the save works just fine on windows, but crashes the game on linux.

17. Lobo

Lobo Member

I just posted about this same problem in the ROTDG bug forum. My save is also on level 2 of the dungeon.

18. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

I don't own ROTDG (not out on desura, yet :(), so it doesn't seem to be related to it.

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

On it, although my access to Mac hardware is slightly restricted until the 27th.

20. elby

elby Member

Great, do you need any saved games or anything?