By special request - Just ESCR Archery as it's Own Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Jonheithevius approached me via PM and asked for this, so here it is: it's just the Archery skill from ESCR, packed up and able to be selected alongside normal Archery if you feel the need. That's all!

Attached Files:

2. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

Aww, I'm flattered. Thought you'd just send me a link or send it through email. Thank you though!

EDIT: Sorry for the extra work, but... it instantly crashes the game if I try to load with it. Even when all other mods are unselected, Superior Archery on its own crashes the game. I'm poking around to try see why until you answer, maybe I can find something?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

The "Skills" folder is completely empty. Were there supposed to be images in it?

4. Essence

Originally, but then I realized that all of the skill icons necessary are already in the core game.

5. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

Oh. Then I'm not sure what's causing it to crash. I tried changing the ID numbers in case it was too long, but that didn't work either.

6. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

Went back and tried injecting it directly into core files rather than a mod, same results, insta-crash, so it'd be something in the coding. I wish I knew more about mod coding so I could be of help. :/

7. Essence

Hrm. Give me a day or so; I'll get it rooted out.

8. Essence

Or a week. Sorry. :)

Attached Files:

9. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

How's the family?

EDIT: That post didn't show up until I posted. Weird. *kicks cache* Thanks, I'll try it now!

EDIT: It works at last!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Essence likes this.