Burglary addition?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Teslacrashed, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum.

One of the biggest weaknesses to playing pure rogue is lack of healing.

I had an idea for a healing spell in the burglary skill tree.

Your loot or your life!
    (insert funny description)
    effect: Destroys a magical item to grant health restoration.

Now I'm not a numbers guy, and don't know nearly enough about the behind-the-scenes stuff with items and whatnot, but I bet somebody could figure a good way to make a balanced heal spell out of destroying items.

If I knew enough to mod, I would place it between Ninja Vanish and Five-Finger Discount.

also, it creates an interesting dynamic of do you crush artifacts for XP or save them to heal with later?

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's a good idea, but sadly mod support currently only includes adding skills, not changing existing ones. :(

3. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

Well certainly this ability could be easily put into any number of new Rogue skill lines, it's nothing I'll ever be able to get around to doing, but maybe somebody will steal it and put it into a skill tree ;)

I just had the inspiration for one ability, not a whole line, and didn't know it wasn't possible to mod the core skills, which would make sense (what with Achievements and all)

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'd personally like to see XML to destroy Zorkmids in possession in order to fuel spells, strictly so that I could create the classic: Your GP or your HP!

But that's just me. :)

Teslacrashed likes this.
  5. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

Plutomancy (money magic) as it was called in Unknown Armies.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

While I do agree that rogues lack healing, I think that outside of GR difficulty it isn't that difficult to get some healing. Then again, I'm not playing a pure rogue build (I always take tinkering for some unexplainable reason, and I do consider it to be more of a warrior skill), so it's easy for me to make sandwiches, and relatively easy to make omelets (both of which heal quite a lot), and I always save every trap that still isn't "last season" for monster zoos, thus making healing rather obsolete (also, I like to abuse softballs on named monsters while wearing a lot of damage+ equipment, but that's another thing).
    Still, it might be good if pure rogues got some kind of healing ability (or a food-dropping one, similar to that of Big Game Hunters), but as of now I don't think there's any skill tree it could reliably be given to (I thought about Perception initially, but it has quite a lot of stuff, and later Assasination, but it has just as much; other than that t could possibly be given to the Deadshot tree and changing it to a rogue skill, to make it useful once again [I think I haven't seen it since I got the expansion pack, though], but getting it would mean ridding oneself of one other skill tree, so there we go again).

7. jadkni

jadkni Member

Personally I'd like "Steal Heart", dealing damage to a visible enemy to leech health.

;)