Alpha 50A Build a Wall for Protection

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alavaria, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Walls, Better Than Before (Only Slightly)

(There is actual discussion on the effects of building health on non-wall buildings)

[​IMG]
    We'll build a wall

I'm disappointed? To be honest, contrary to my expectations, bandits don't pay enough attention to walls. This upset my plans for more "active" use of walls.

It's back to wall segments but before specifics, let's discuss what I've seen so far:
    • Bandit stabs a random workshop while being shot to death
    • Bandit catches a random workshop in their blunderbuss AoE
    • One bandit stopped to stab a wall on their way out, letting my military catch up to and end them

[​IMG]
    (This bandit is slated to be Flattened and rendered Pleasing To the Eye

This bandit was about to escape but they decided to punch the wall, and then turned around. They were shot to death.

My best guess is that attacking buildings (ie: walls in this context) is lower than their mission to "get to stuff to loot" for a bandit, so they tend to run past the walls on their way in (which sadly means slowing them down is via the same means as before - their pathfinding).

But anyway, if they do, the only way they directly attack buildings is in melee, so your military would be able to kill them on the walls as it were...

[​IMG]

I only just started being able to break though the desert problem of wood. Consider the following:
    • 11 logs -> line of 11 gabions
    • 2 planks (from 1 log) + 1 brick -> a 11x1 wall section.

How do I avoid having a door? Take a guess.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

Colonists seem to get caught in the walls somehow, not sure what causes it. They won't take the door out and thus the segment has to be removed and rebuilt.

It doesn't matter too much as some un-flattenable bits of cliff prevent a perfectly closed wall.

3. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

The inability to create enclosed walls if you aren't on a flat as hell area is really annoying. I have built myself a nice sea-side colony, but had to make the entries next to the water because people (including bandits) just go through there anyway, not giving a damn.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

You generally need an entrance anyway, ideally having only one though...

Another problem even with the above rather open type is sometimes traders get confused and drop their stuff in the wrong place, thus you cannot buy anything from them :(