Bug reports

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by ploki122, Aug 1, 2012.

1. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

I really hope they change this. Some of the Wizardlands look amazing.

2. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Also, I've just discovered that the Alchemy Encrusting in my latest game doesn't actually require me to have any skill in Alchemy. Now I feel overpowered.

3. Nivrax

Nivrax Member

One of the vegetable monsters charged at me through Gog's Tactical Pyre and died mid-charge. It caused game to freeze, or more precisely, working, but not allowing any input anymore (moving, waiting, opening inventory, esc menu, all not responsive), was forced to ctrl-alt-del out.

In addition, my game just started to keep crashing for good nearly each time I land killing blow in melee (4 full time freezes in ~5minutes). Can easily reproduced by trying to melee summon down (few times if it won't work). I *think* it happens each time I got 'electric' effect on killing move, also playing on one "+" speed if it matters. Added save.

Attached Files:

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the save, we'll look at it.

5. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Most, if not all, of the new skill achievements seem to be borked. I maxed out Communism in my last playthrough and then Egyptian Magic and Pole Arms in my latest. None of these popped on steam...... or in the newfangled in game achievement system. You guys may have multiplied your achievement woes by adding that. I hope the fix is relatively painless for you.

Also, being a Pope of Pole Arms is fantastic, but the Pope of Pole Arm Mastery Sweep only seems to knockback enemies occupying the single square directly in front of me and not it's full arc. Any use of the ability is followed by the scroll telling me 'You must be next to an enemy to use that ability!' upwards of 5 or 6 times.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Known, they'll be fixed when we put the hotfix patch on Steam.

7. kotleta

kotleta Member

move teleport platform with my polearm skill :
    enter in TP then TP back and i stay not on the moved platform , i stay where platform was

8. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Also, I just found to my great horror that pole arms ranged moves can be countered. Unfortunately I learned this while fighting a named monster who could do 43 damage per hit to me. My ranged spear moves killed me, instead of saving me.

This seems rather counter intuitive.

Oh well, there's another level 23 character down the tubes.

9. andas12

andas12 Member

high interest loan does not give money in the wizard lands and maybe insurance fraud I need to check on that one again

10. kotleta

kotleta Member

make 2 dirk in one slot , when equipe - two dirk in one hand

11. impishacid

impishacid Member

I've also had a sleeping monster COUNTER one of my attacks without waking up >///<

12. impishacid

impishacid Member

Also - SPOILERS FOR VLAD -
    I just went through an iteration of Diggle Hell that had TWO Vlad Digulas (after clearing a long one that didn't have him ><) Is this functioning as intended????

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, it is. The chance of that happening is low, but it can happen.

14. impishacid

impishacid Member

Haha, interesting, good to know, thanks!

15. deathbyirony

deathbyirony Member

So playing Dwarven Moderation, No permadeath- Upon returning from a wizardland... my inventory is entirely empty. What's more, I can immediately re-enter that wizardland as if I had never left.
    Ah, also it appears that I crash when trying to exit the pocket dimension. If I go through the wizardland a second time, the portal then vanishes as normal.

16. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

First off, the mod loader seems to be bugged- none of the mods want to show up. I added a new mod anyways, and then when I tried to load up my game in the pocket dimension, the game promptly crashes. This is the second time I've lost a fairly high-level game (dungeon level 4) due to pocket dimension bugs. It's very frustrating to have a really cool feature be as buggy as this is, with most of the bugs crashing the game in some way.

I would upload my save alongside the dump, but the forum system isn't letting me; giving me a rather unspecific 'A problem occurred when uploading your file'

EDIT: I tried to load up the autosave, and apparently the pocket dimension is just corrupted or something. It immediately crashed as soon as I tried to enter it to get my ~50 crafting ingredients I have there. I was so excited for this, and then it's buggy as heck. Kinda disappointing.

Attached Files:

17. kotleta

kotleta Member

Animals in Wizarland attack Vegetarian hero - ok , but debuffs is still working

18. impishacid

impishacid Member

-Bankster: Insurance Fraud instantly generates thousands of zorkmids when used on a corpse (provided that corpse didn't already have Insurance Fraud debuff on it)
    -Bankster: the Bailout skill doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to remove your Bankster debuffs? Prevent Zorkmid loss from them? Reduce their durations? Provide some sort of a buff? Give you money? Who knows! If any of those are what it's supposed to do, it doesn't work.
    [ETA: Unless it's only supposed to function when you're broke? due to fraudulent use of insurance fraud I had over 400k when I got bailout and was at 1.2 mil when I got my character killed) (this game actually got me to say 'legitimate insurance fraud' when talking to a friend about it without catching what I was saying)

19. Artful Diggle

Artful Diggle Member

The new AI's pretty weird. Monster platoons run away when the leader's down, right? Well now they don't fight back even if you strike them while they're running. Until the 'fear' passes they're harmless.

Also, with Killer Vegan, animals that get hurt (and thus 'agressive', but not), will start following you around, chasing you, as if they'd attack you. But they can't as you're a Vegan. Of course, in wizardlands the lil' bastards attack you in the first place.

Also noticed how 'peaceful' foes now stay peaceful 'till you provoke them. But hey, who passes up extra experience?

Also had a funny quirk where Bras had the 'This monster wants to kill you!' message when a nearby animal got 'aggressive' too, while a Vegan, though he still acted normal. Maybe they're considered in the same monster group, 'passive'?

Another bug is that the Pocket Dimension portal sometimes carries over to the normal dungeon, or the normal dungeon's music carries over there. Both result in crashes shortly. The game crashes once in a while even with muted music though, making me wonder what the real cause is.

That's all I have to say! Some of these things may actually be intended behaviour, while some are clearly not right.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention, while the stat bonuses from Dagger and Polearm skills don't activate without said weapon equipped, all of the skills are usable with other weapons. Very high counter time with dual swords and Very Sharp Wall Of Blades Stance?

Also found that some of the 'minibosses' (those without random names) may appear more than once. Then again I saw one (Toady on the 2nd level) spawn right in front of my eyes, so maybe they're rare spawns actually.

Kinda awkward to see them mods having sword-class daggers and staff-class spears around though, I imagine it'll take a while to fix that up! Speaking of which, modded drink items also count as booze. Really funny seeing someone drunk from drinking milk.

20. legowarrior

legowarrior Member

So, I saved the game in my pocket dimension, but when I return to the normal dungeon, I returning with a character that is a level lower, and has older items. Is that weird?