Brainstorming: Unbridled Rage Skill

Discussion in 'Modding' started by zaratustra, May 12, 2012.

1. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Unbridled Rage is more or less the opposite of Berserker. Berserker is a battle rage, Unbridled Rage is an uncontrollable rage that can only be calmed -while- fighting.

1 - Frustration Express: The core skill. A bonus to melee crit, burliness and stubbornness, and a 100-turn timer that resets whenever the player hits something. When this timer runs out, the player starts taking damage.
    2 - Glasgow Handshake: Targets an enemy. Teleports the player to that enemy and tackles him away for damage.
    3 - I Will Take On All Of You: Whenever a kill is scored, the player gets a temporary buff against enemies of the same taxa.

Any more ideas?

Ruigi, Kazeto and Daynab like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I really like this idea. Is the timer thing possible?

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, it is. The only question is, how not to make the solution into a convoluted mess.

4. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

these are good ideas, but I think they should be part of berserker rage.

I made a thread in the suggestions forum about killing Blow that basically changed it to activate whenever you kill an enemy in melee.

5. Megaron

Megaron Member

Blowing Off Some Steam - Reduces the timer to a certain amount, then performs a melee hit with extra :dmg_crushing:. Dangerous to use as a finishing move, but handy nonetheless.
    True Unbridled Rage - Removes the timer entirely, but gives you a buff that lasts until you hit once that gives you some :melee_power: and extra :dmg_blast:, however the buff will also be removed if you get hit even once, which means that you have to prepare it beforehand so as to not lose it--but not too beforehand, or you will lose a lot of health.