blink slime hate thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Feb 27, 2012.

?

are blinking slimes evil?

1. yes

39.3%
  2. yes

39.3%
  3. yes

46.4%
  4. yes

53.6%
  5. yes

46.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

SkyMuffin: Hi! I'm SkyMuffin and I'll be your facilitator at this round table discussion. Today's topic: The evil of blinking slimes! Are they evil? How evil are they? How can we make them more evil? How does that make you feel?

Lorrelian: Like maybe I shouldn't have posted in this thread...

Wi§p, SkyMuffin and Marak like this.
  2. Martial Diggle- Yellow-Orange diggle wearing Hachimaki

This diggle has learned to utilize through rigorous training his own abilities as a powerful weapon against his foes in which his pride and self-determination make him into a confident and focused warrior. Too bad his pitiful social skills prevent him from having lasting connections with other diggles to help release his natural energy and vigor. Instead he lives in loneliness, continually wandering the dungeon until he finds someone who he can truly connect to despite his shortcomings but he can never do that because he has become emotionally hardened and distant in his expressions due to psychological reinforcement during his life leaving him to guide his life with great uncertainty and insecurity.

Stats::dmg_piercing:11 :dmg_crushing:5 :life:220 :life_regen:+6 :block:60 :dodge:25 :crit:45 :counter:65 :armor_asorb:20 :sneakiness:25 :magic_resist:25 :reflection:25 :edr:100 :melee_power:10 :resist_existential:100 :resist_conflagratory:5 :resist_hyperborean:5 :resist_crushing:5 :resist_aphyxiative: 5
    Full immunity to knockback.
    Occasionally runs away after being angered to avoid situations or to continue to wallow in loneliness(hides in a corner, will engage if followed)

Chance:
    40% Fleshbore
    40% Bleed
    40% Nerve Staple
    40% Crippling Wound
    25% Stun

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

How about a monster that destroyed treasure chests and magically had the proper AI to target them?

4. Marak

Marak Member

That already exists; it's a player with 0 lockpicks. 50% chance per chest. Pretty brutal, honestly, and the reason why Burglary is the new Archaeology for my characters. ;)

Wi§p and SkyMuffin like this.
  5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Burglary > Archaeology. There's probably only 50% the XP in Burglary as there is Archaeology, but there's about 700% the survivability.

6. Marak

Marak Member

Yep. After the various Archaeology nerfs (the one to This Translation is all Wrong! in particular, though admittedly it was OP as hell before) I made the swap, and haven't looked back. Now that Burglary has an extra ability (Vending Machine theft) and Five Finger Discount is automatic, there's almost no reason not to include it in any build.

Tycho likes this.