Biome availability

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by toran74, Aug 3, 2016.

1. toran74

toran74 Member

Hi just started up clockwork empires for the first time in a few patches decided to have another go of my last play-thou which was the dauntless dare load-out on a pure desert map but this time with even more pain thanks to the alone load-out

Unfortunately this proved to be harder than expected i was never able to get a pure desert map to spawn and after 40 world creations i only saw 2 desert/ocean which i guess is basically a pure desert map but would still prefer the full desert experience

In fact almost all of the map locations were mixed biomes i think alpine was the only pure biome i could spawn

I realize i probably don't represent the average clockwork empire player in that i mainly play niche settings with niche setups like desert/alone or ice-sheet/tribal on Rimworld

So basically this is just a really long post to point out that it would be great if there would be a way that we could force a particular biome/mixed biome or at least have one guaranteed pure Biome location of each type per world

Thanks

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  2. tojosan

tojosan Member

Good sir,
    I regret to hear about your lack of desert colony lands.
    It seems the fish people are everywhere, spreading their watery ways even in the driest of lands.
    Perhaps fate will serve you though as many an airship crash has occurred lately,
    They handedly scorch the earth of all manner of things. Though not true desert, few things survive.

Myself, I shall endeavor to explore more new lands in hopes of finding a true desert.
    I will send you a missive upon such discovery.

Regards!

3. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I've managed to get almost pure dessert biomes. They all have sea though. We'll have to settle for that until it's fixed.

tojosan likes this.