[Beta Release and Testing] Crossbowverhaul

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Dovecoon, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Dovecoon

Dovecoon Member

Now that Conquest of the Wizardlands is released so I know I won't be reinventing the wheel, so to speak, I have resumed working on the Crossbowverhaul mod and start by giving you all a new release! I'm looking for balancing feedback and bug reports, and most importantly - art! If any artists want to contribute, you'll be given full credits. PM or just reply to this thread if you're interested in drawing sprites or skill icons.

Currently included:
    5 skills!
    Crossbow Tinkering - Apply fun effects to yourself and your xbow.
    Elemental Arrow - Chance to trigger elemental attacks on xbow shots.
    Sniping - Apply buffs to yourself as you shoot.
    Crossbow Specialization - Get plenty of passive bonuses for xbows at the expense of other stats.
    Fletcher - Learn new bolt recipes with every level along with gaining tinkering and alchemy levels.

13 new quivers!
    New item class that add buffs as you shoot - currently take up the shield slot but that might change.

2 new bows!
    New item class that functions exactly the same as crossbows, but damage scales with burliness

17 new bolts along with plenty of new recipes

7 new crossbows - mostly end game bows

7 new pieces of armor - mostly geared toward long ranged combat

2 new reagents - wood and leather, for crafting bolts and quivers respectively

Known issues: Siege mode in the Crossbow Tinkerer skill tree doesn't work right.
    All art is place holder art.

I'll write this again at the bottom - I'm looking for any artist that might want to help draw sprites or icons for anything in the mod. There's a lot of stuff, so even a single piece of art goes a long way.This mod is getting close to release with art being one of the only things holding it back.

Changelog: .85 - added new crossbow recipes, the fletching skill, new bolts, and a bit of balance changes

Attached Files:

Daynab likes this.
  2. Jellp

Jellp Member

Looks nice, but can't try it out at the moment.

3. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Seems like when I shoot a mosolov bolt, I get CTD'd every single time. Didn't get to try any of the others ones yet, but I tested that one 3 times.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

came here to post this as well. I get a crash or freeze maybe 2/3 of the time with them.

Edit: After playing some more, I have to say I really like this. However, I'm concerned with the sell price of the craftable bolts (Stake bolt, multi bolt, etc). They are way, way too high and even five minutes into the game I can generate 10,000+ zorks on Going Rogue.

5. CaptainMadoc

CaptainMadoc Member

Holdout Bolt's timer doesn't decrease. Not sure what's going on there.

There's also blanks on the in-game skills page, though that's surely because it's in Beta, so I have a feeling you're already aware of that.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Probably never coming out of beta.