BETA 53B BETA 53B: FINALLY, AFTER TWO YEARS, A GAME OVER SCREEN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(No, the morale check was right... just, uh, civilians would never raise alarms. *sigh* Bet that's been in for awhile.)

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It has. :p

Is it hotfixed, or just fixed for the next build?

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Next build, probably? I dunno. I have a laundry list of stuff to do, and I think it'll be a full build.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  4. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Looking forward to it!

5. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

Yep, it was definitely in 53A...

Now that naturalists are useful, do any of the modules you can place in the building do anything?
    and
    Do barracks now only house various weapon lockers (since no longer any cots)

6. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Observations so far:

Colonists butchering animals do not bring stacks to the stockpile.
    Flipping the naturalist office back to hunting mode to clear out crop pests is annoying.
    I am happy I get to play again.

7. tojosan

tojosan Member

New story arc (for me) - visiting artist

The rather drink fond Republican artist arrived. He hung around, drank booze, and ate my food.
    Now mind you, if the art work was any good he'd have been welcome to the room and board. Heck, my colonists would have loved any artwork at this point.

So he's working and drinking and maybe mostly drinking. Then he wanders off.
    No why was he at the outskirts of the colony? We may never know. A random act of violence ended his life.
    He left us with no art and a corpse to bury.

Attached Files:

Rentahamster likes this.
  8. tojosan

tojosan Member

A couple of more Mac crashes - if I'm reading the log files correctly, related to corpses.
    In the one from this morning, that dang drunk artist died and one of the other colonists was burying his corpse.

Attached Files:

9. mrclint

mrclint Member

Oooh, I was wondering where I could get the lacquer without having trees in 53A. Now I know.

10. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had the game stop like it was paused on me, was trying to get a steam knight as favor, to deal whit whatever those pretty meteors would bring...

I did have a person stuck in middle of public house starving to death.

I did leave the game long times paused whitout problems, really like the stability now.

Attached Files:

11. Samut

Samut Member

Will there be a future blog spot talking about the light additions - game effects etc?

12. Unforked

Unforked Member

Like Noratoxin, I'm trying to lose a game so I can see the Game Over screen.

I used the Alone loadout and chose the desert. There are no foragables. I've done absolutely nothing.

Muriel Eyre has lasted seven days so far by somehow finding forbidden beetle steaks. And now she's dancing with frantic joy just to mock me. Why won't you die?

HappyDance.jpg
    Jig.gif

Edit: Ah, finally killed by a fish person on day nine. She was a stubborn one.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  13. mrclint

mrclint Member

So, can't we get a late game workshop whose only job is to, say, churn out trunks and fight fires?
    A repair shop if you will.

Samut and Unforked like this.
  14. Unforked

Unforked Member

I've always liked the upkeep workshop idea for the convenience factor. I know it makes some sense right now to have carpentry workshops make trunks out of wood, ceramics workshops out of bricks/stone, and the metalworks out of various ingots because the supplies should be located right there. But it's annoying to set up so much all over the place in every game. Even with the new advanced workbench.

A centralized upkeep workshop would just feel better IMO, even if the crew has to trek around to pick up supplies. The player will have only one place to focus on.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  15. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

Eh, the dedicated repair workshop just is an all-round bad idea IMHO. You need an extra workshop, and what's the benefit? The repair crew maybe, but only as long as workshop crews fixing their own shops doesn't work - and I think it does now?

Just give the other shops an extra workbench each, put in a decoration to offset the quality hit, and set a minimum a bit above your weekly needs. Okay that does require the bug with the minimum jobs sometimes not working getting fixed, but that needs to be fixed anyway.

16. mrclint

mrclint Member

A workshop that does everything within the repair sector should have a drawback, which is that you'll need an extra building AND a team for that.

The benefit for me would be efficiency, as Unforked said. You have one place that does all the repair modules, one place where you can check in if need be. The rest is free to do whatever you choose for the moment. My carpenter or ceramics shop can focus on the rest without interruptions.

And lastly it would be a lot easier for new players to get in to the game. I can see them jumping confused back and forth between workshops trying to build the latest needed trunk just to quit when something important breaks down.

17. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Is that really necessary? You can already do that if you just build another workshop and set it to make trunks only with a minimum standing order. Or you can even just make another couple workbenches in your existing shops and set it there.

This is what I did in 53A with my 120 colonist save, and I didn't have any repair issues at all:

Carpentry workshop: 5 workbenches, one power saw. Power saw set to minimum 100 planks, workbenches set to minimum 100 novice and artisan trunks. Also minimum 20 bricabrac.

Ceramic workshop: 3 workbenches, and assorted kilns. Workbenches set to make a minimum of 100 novice and artisan trunks, and 20 bricabrac. Kilns set to make brics and glass and bottles.

Once you have that, and a mine with a decent output, it's basically set it and forget it.

18. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, I already do all that... as I've said before, upkeep isnt difficult, just boring. And I guess I have this weird thing in me that doesn't like having it set up in different places. Feels scattered.

19. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Here's a late game save. A few observations
    1) Maximum science points is 20, irrespective of skill level
    2) Traders no longer come or are requestable by foreign office - maybe it thinks there is still a trader on the map and thus no new ones can come
    3) Adding fine art to housing does provide cap benefit, however, it is almost a secret, as it is not listed as an option in the menu when clicking on a house.

Attached Files:

20. Tarod

Tarod Member

Upkeep is fine, nerf beetles lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.