BETA 53A BETA 53A: THE LARCH.

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

No. Pubs will spawn tea for free.

(And I'm now slightly regretting adding tea like this. Could always convert it to another consumable beverage like the others... )

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Correct - look for the replay with the time stamp corresponding to your game. Hopefully the damn things work correctly.

I'd like a replay for this too, please, or a save game if possible. Thanks! :)

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Within the context of the weird-ass things these colonist can potentially do, the implications are...horrifying.

4. Tarod

Tarod Member

Science seems to be broken, no research points are being generated.
    Edit, he was worshiping a fish idol, that may have had something to do with it.

5. Tarod

Tarod Member

I changed overseers and they're generating now. not sure what was going on before.

6. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Regarding the soldiers, I don't know if it's just a UI glitch or it's actually affecting their behaviour (must test more) but when setting their shift, the workshit indicator does not update correctly until you click said shift a couple of times - and when first assigning a work crew to the barracks, the shift indicator also does not update until you click either a shift or a weapon choice a couple of times.
    I will keep an eye on this Weirdness.

7. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

It would be cool if there were different types of tea, like Herbal Tea (Which is made of anything) or Empire Tea (Made of actual tea). Then tea time could actually be tea time! Plus, like rentahampster said, there could be other types. Cultists special blend, perhaps?

8. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

Maybe, at least:
    Oh the impractical clever names there could be for the many kinds of cultist tea. (not implying the following are clever, they just came from the top of my head)
    Bone Berry Blend
    Merry Meat Medley
    Gibson's Gib'n Milk Mix
    Chilling Chilly Jive

9. dbaumgart

(Before anyone brings it up, I've re-added the LC chair/table set as a valid furniture item for the pub for 53B.)

Jubbly likes this.
  10. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Yeah that's what I was referring to... I think it comes out in the tundra biome.

Well it gives it a new use :)... also right now what are prickly pears good for? I've harvested them but they aren't in any recipe :/

*edit* maybe make it into a fruit pie and fruit medley in the future? Also could be used as a base for common alcohol... you can basically brew anything into alcohol lol

11. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

As it stands you have 2 crops in each biome; one that is for food and one that is alcohol/trade good.... the biome with cabbages / flax could change it into tea leaves as well and leave the flax as a processed good or a requirement for the mansion (upper class colonists won't sleep in a nasty old tarp) etc.

Could also eventually be made into textiles if we return the weaver workshop for brick a brack and maybe even high level trade goods.

12. mcnostril

A notification for combat would be nice. I had soldiers (I think) murder a bandit that strayed too close, but I only found out when I got the "Bandit burial policy" pop-up.

Also, the stockpile stacking thing is still happening occasionally. I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug or if it's working as intended (ie no one has enough free shifts to reorganize the stockpile); eventually someone always does come over and stack everything, but currently everything is now being dumped all over the colony.

Screen Shot 08-10-16 at 03.59 PM.JPG

13. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Take a full crew out for a day (mining or farming crews are my choice) and everything gets organized on the spot

14. dbaumgart

(And before anyone brings it up, the displayed upkeep costs on modules do not indeed match the lowered actual upkeep costs. This will be corrected for 53B.)

Drumhead likes this.
  15. mcnostril

Is anyone else not getting any research points from their labs?
    I've tried switching projects back and forth, but no points are being accumulated.

EDIT: Ok, it took a couple of assigning-reassigning work crews, but it's fine now

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  16. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

Labs are working fine for me.

17. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

@devs - placing a loading bay door on already constructed buildings still causes the floor to go invisible. There also seem to be no bonuses in building them... for now >.>

*Edit* Seems to only affect the carpentry workshop right now.

Attached Files:

18. mcnostril

These stamped areas just won't go away now (the jobs are done)
    . Screen Shot 08-10-16 at 06.28 PM.JPG

Also I have yet to see a colonist flee from bandits. They're still being suicidally brave, even when wounded (the bandits totally do try to retreat when wounded though). At first I thought it was because of the "Foolishly Brave" trait, but nope, still getting large numbers of colonists swarming bandits (it does seem like it's not the entire colony now at least).
    Here is an unremarkable labourer chasing a wounded bandit across the map (at least he was the only one to give chase, everyone else went back to work)
    Screen Shot 08-10-16 at 06.52 PM.JPG

19. tojosan

tojosan Member

Hey @mcnostril , what's the Mac status?

20. mcnostril

Crash when destroying a farm (after reassigning the work crew).
    EDIT: Blops, it's not the farm destroying, it just so happened that I was destroying a farm the two times the crash happened from this autosave (I guess I just did the exact same thing twice when reloading?)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.