BETA 53 BETA 53: A JUNCTURE MOST UNNATURAL

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Send the crashes to me, as per usual. (The problem is that he is interfering with the boundaries of simulated reality itself, so... takes a bit of work....)

Bluebird likes this.
  2. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Crash dump, console and the save I made right before quaggy spawns.

Other Amusing things in that save:
    - The Untouchable corpse of Edwina Bootsly (it's the corpse of the stuck colonist I reported earlier. The game I got her buried in crashed, and on reload of the previous autosave I was forever unable to bury her corpse despite flattening and cancelling/reordering the burial).

-Magical fences. I have no idea what is happening with those. The one next to the graveyard had actually been fully built earlier before I had a quaggy related crash, and on reloading the save, it had become... whatever it is now. A proto fence? The other fence was half built, then cancelled, then built again, then also disappeared. Also, two invisible gabions.

- A bag of wheat flour stuck in an oven. Forbidding and claiming doesn't seem to affect it.

- Glowy spores that cannot be traded despite having trade designation and showing up in inventory (trade just says you're short some items).

- Two fishy idols; I marked the carrier for frontier justice, but he fled into the woods, the event ended (so I got the prompt "fled"), but then he immediately got caught by my soldiers that shot him just outside of town (which is a bit weird considering he was supposed to disappear).

- Oddly placed bandit tents.

- Assorted abandoned items that cannot be claimed (but still count in the commodities).

- Some sweet lamps. They're not bugged or anything, I just play with the walls turned on once the colony grows a certain size and them lamps look neat.

Attached Files:

3. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

unable to get cancelled job "repair module" to restart. I was playing double speed, and trying to cancel some tree cutting job, then the upkeep job came into the line and i clicked it instead cancelling the job, and i let the game play hoping the job will pop on its own but it did not, so i am left with a wood workshop needing maintenance. Please look into this bug, thanks

Attached Files:

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is correct, they're meant to be a crop that does not need to be replanted after initial growth.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  5. CogProfitier

CogProfitier Member

Crash on day 29. I cant load the auto-save.

There are a few bugs but nothing that can't be worked around.

I built a brew vat then tried to mark it for deletion and then canceled the deletion after I figured out how to use it ;). That caused it to replicate in the kitchen list and the + - buttons are very touchy. If I queue more than say 10 beers I have to cancel the job because it stalls about half way through. Otherwise it was the longest session I've played since Build 46. I love the changes. Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

6. tzeneth

tzeneth Member

Problem with repairing. I literally watched them grab and repair bunk beds 20 seconds later. The colony is probably dead because that's my carpentry workshop that was making all those repair modules.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Also, is there any way you could make it so they default to stacking like items after they finish crafting? As you can see, that thing gets cluttered really badly when they go for the next open spot and no one ever goes back and re-stacks them.

7. Ampoliros

Ampoliros Member

Very much enjoying the new version. I have regretted my decision to bury bandit corpses, the graveyards get so full.

Foreign invasion event crash attached - just a bunch of combat. I am on an old(er) PC FYI - so it could be my fault for being cheap.

Oh, and I attempted to deconstruct one of my carpenters benches in the workshop - after deconstruction it continues to display ingame. I tried to deconstruct the workshop, instead the bench just hovers in mid air. Should be on the same map.

Also noticing that deconstructed farms don't properly get removed from the building overview.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Thanandorn

Thanandorn Member

Not sure that is a right ways, but it works for me
    - Clear the grasses and the logs out and also flatten the terrain
    - Built pub and church
    - Also have a graveyard
    - Make the quality of the workshop at least at 'Great' (+4)
    - Make the quality of all house at least at (Great' (+4)

Sometime the 'disturbance' will rise to very high in nighttime (+315 is the highest for me) and then down to the lowest in daytime (-255 for me) so I think the time of day may be also involve..

9. Regarding the Disturbance counter...how fast/soon does the counter start going up for you guys? Like...approximately what do you have (generally speaking, of course) on there by around day 4 or 5?

10. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

The ceramics workshop can make you repair trunks too

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Script error, I think caused by an airship crashing on an obeliskian? But I was tabbed out at the time.

upload_2016-7-30_13-19-13.png

12. Thanandorn

Thanandorn Member

For me it start to rise to 2 in 1-2 days after I finished a first house and got a new immigrants.

In day 4, I got 13 people, cooked and raw food for 2 days, 2 empty houses, 1 Carpenter workshop w/ -4 qlt., 1 kitchen w/ -4 qly., 1 storage, 1 farm. and my disturbance is 7.

13. I ask because I have a theory that it may somehow be tied to either the speed of your colony being set up and/or the amount of a "presence" you have at all.

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Time to code-dive..

Samut and Unforked like this.
  15. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Hmmm... I haven't really linked the disturbance counter to any event in particular.. what I have noticed is that the invasion and the cults spring up depending on how many colonists you have

16. tojosan

tojosan Member

Most stable so far. No clue about disturbance value.

Am I the only one not racing to max out my colony size?

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Has anyone "won" the airship crash event? I have my NCO investigate, then my foreign office works on it awhile, but I always fail somehow and take faction relationship hits. It's happened at least 10 times in different games. I'm not sure what else I should be doing?

Tarod likes this.
  18. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've come to believe there is no hope for the airships. I even tried a couple games where I built the airship tower. No go. Though this current game two crashes now and quite close to the colony. I expect the third crash may wipe me out. :)

Unforked likes this.
  19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The "best outcome" has no standing changes, and needs you to have enough research points...

Unforked likes this.
  20. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

So I sat down this morning to play the newest version, and I played it for more hours than I had intended to, in one go.
    I haven't played in a while so there was a bunch of new stuff and I am really enjoying the events. I have a few incidents where I almost lost all my colonists to various things. Mostly to random alien spores, bandits, eldritch horrors, and of course fishpeople. What a great run this one was. 10/10 would play away my Saturday again!

Anyways, I have a list of stuff too report on also. I'm sure many have been mentioned already but I'll list all I could find just in case.
    - traders can't trade rare paintings. they bring them but you can't acquire them as they do not appear in the trade window.
    - character portraits disappear sometimes still. I think its specifically the barracks and/or reassigning a work crew from another building.
    - bugs will continue to attack crops on a farm that has been deleted, and will give the 'crop destruction' notification (very annoying and frequent).
    - bugs will attack empty unassigned farm patches, again giving the notice.
    - traders who die carrying stuff in the woods drop the items sometimes? i got a whole bunch of iron plates for free (I think this is the expected outcome since you can't directly attack traders so it's not an exploit?). But the plates were always in a 'claimed' state. Also they didn't show up in the commodities screen unless they were forbidden and re-claimed. Colonists would then also go pick them up eventually (yay!).
    - traders who get scared carry invisible items
    - farm items are invisible on harvest.
    - various forageables are invisible? maybe just underground after terrain flattening and I missed them. The forage footprint kept finding extras.
    - offices that got 'locked' due to an event (so far it was mostly airship crash and one cult science thing) are not locked for the entire duration. only like the first day until the overseer goes off shift or so. then they function normally (maybe that's why all my events failed to produce results?)
    - no way to remove forageables (lacquer plants) that were on my farmland. they just stayed put.
    - the first time you go to research something in the science office you can't as they are 'already complete', you need to spend 3 skills to reset them and then it will work.
    - the science office researchable choices are not always replaced when one is researched successfully. i had my middle slot go to "no more to research" state but after I finished the bottom slot there was another thing to research in the bottom slot. they probably should always fill the empty one before saying "no more research"
    - re-ordering kitchen module priorities does not work at all after a point. it was fine with the 5 stone ovens but after I removed 2 and replaced them with iron ones the order buttons ceased to work or produced a pseudo random result.

Love the new housing system! Please make a single table with 2 chairs work rather than two table/chairs pairings :)
    I sorta miss the tables being actually useful too.
    I am ok with the repair system as it stands. It is a lot easier to dedicate resources to repairing stuff when they all share common items (not randomly iron plates or pipes etc). Iron stoves take a lot though, and I was on a map with primarily saprophyte deposits, of course I need iron or copper only....

I am really liking the new UI stuff too, for the most part (really like the traits overview in the assignment list). Fantastic new music when creepy stuffs happening!
    A few ui gripes though:
    - when you get a lot of work crews it is really tough to tell who is assigned to what already. I very much miss when only unassigned crews showed up in the assignment list. I don't tend to change my crews around frequently and I would personally rather spend the time unassigning the old ones in order to move them rather than accidentally unassigning my farmers etc.
    - The best skill of the overseer doesn't update when they train a different skill higher than their best skill. my amazing(gold) carpenter is still best at sciencing.
    - I would really like it if my farmers could somehow be identified as a farming crew when they are off shift. Currently I need to just remember which crews are farmers so i don't reassign them.

And of course, the inevitable crash report and save games are attached.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.