BETA 52F BETA 52F: SPIT AND POLISH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks for the save, logged as OC-5207! Edit: fixed. (This happened due to trying to perform a melee attack with a quill. This will work in future versions.)

Logged as OC-5208, checking it out. Edit: Found & fixed.

Logged as OC-5209, thanks for the save. Edit: Fixed! Really weird - the obeliskian thought it was dormant, and therefore not registered as hostile, but it was in a state of performing jobs. Anyway, added checks for this and hardened the transition to/from dormant.

Logged as OC-5210, thanks for the save.

Logged as OC-5211, should be easy to fix. Edit: found and fixed.

Logged as OC-5212, thanks for the save. Edit: Fixed; this was fun logic.

(Alright, now for earlier posts ... )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. dbaumgart

Ah, classic. Okay, logged as OC-5213. Edit: fixed.

Logged as OC-5214, thx for the save. Edit: fixed. (The particular trader there is stuck on a mesa and can't path off; I made it so they'll just despawn if this happens. Also fixed issues with traders getting stuck at depot due to members getting stuck elsewhere.)

I am wondering if some aspect of upkeep is breaking here? I'll check all the likely candidates. Logged as OC-5215. Edit: Yup, fixed for next patch.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  3. dbaumgart

These changes vastly reduce UX/UI edge cases and eliminate the ability to place mechanically broken zones.

(Also, complaints are necessarily only a part of why design decisions are made.)

And, general design rule, a more dynamic system is always a much more complex and difficult to implement system. Not even merely technically, but in terms of the UI to do it at all and the UX to ensure that players do it well and with full understanding of what decisions they're making and how to use it. As developers we must make decisions about which systems to make more dynamic and which to make less to best enhance the existing game while introducing as little UX weirdness and as few bugs possible given our limited team size. This can involve reducing complexity of one system, or part of a system, while enhancing complexity of another. This particular case? Could change. Or maybe not. We'll see what ends up being both viable and reasonable.

The answer "make everything the best and deepest system" is always, of course, what players would prefer - especially hardcore players with many hours invested into understanding the game systems - be the result of every design decision and I totally get that aspirational ideal. We also want the best, always. But we are merely human. That said, we're working very hard to do the best we can, sooo ... I'll get back to work now! Lots to do.

Logged as OC-5216! Edit: We found the issue w/ office jobs especially re. Barber and it'll be fixed.

Nooo! Thanks for the save, logged as OC-5217. Edit: fixed.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Bug or standard cultist thought?

Query architect.jpg

dbaumgart likes this.
  5. tojosan

tojosan Member

I don't see the Mac crashing listed anywhere.
    Does that have an issue #?
    I'm being pushy as I can't play the 52F build at all.
    Thanks!

Daft Punk likes this.
  6. dbaumgart

I'm only logging issues within the scope of what I can make any kind of judgement call on. Crashes are generally Nicholas' domain, so I shall let him comment on that.

tojosan likes this.
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Might have fixed it already for 53, but I need to poke it a bit more this afternoon.

Daft Punk and tojosan like this.
  8. Ampoliros

Ampoliros Member

a few fairly minor issues. Workaround-able issues, anyway.

If you're dumb like me, cancelling a building upkeep job in the job assignments screen gives you no way to uh...get it back without deconstructing the building. I think.

Job stamps for clear terrain have about a 25% shot of generating N seperate jobs, one for each item to be cleared, rather than one clear terrain job with N smaller jobs.

Had my sugar cane field catch on fire and all the crops burned - I didn't see a decrement in the labor progress on the field but my farmers spent the next day trying to grow crops with no change in the labor progress. may just be an older UI bug, but fires are a bit more common with the airship crash event. tore up and rebuilt the zone, worked fine.

Chop trees jobs generated as part of building construction/terrain clearing don't seem to get processed if you don't have an overseer with construction and chop trees enabled. i've had a lot of buildings with trees growing in the middle is what i'm trying to say. :)

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  9. Unforked

Unforked Member

Here's a crash during Quag'garoth's awakening.

Also, as much as I love Quag'garoth and its massive destructive nature (I really, really do), unless I'm missing something there's no possible way to stop it. The Vicar's counter-ritual never has an effect, frontier justice *may* delay it slightly, but Quag'garoth is inevitable. I'll post the save that leads to it.

Edit: Oh, and civilians probably shouldn't try to attack Quag'garoth with clubs and hammers, fleeing is a much safer option.;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  10. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

I love Quag'garoth too, so much fun, it does seem to come up quite often though lol.
    I have only once stopped the event, with the frontier justice option, at least i didn't get the obeliskian squid monster that trashes all your colonists. I've tried the "counter ritual" and "destroy the shrine" and not had any success though, so perhaps there's only a low chance of success.

11. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Destroying the shrine brings a mass of fishmen to your doorstep but they don't even attack you.

12. dbaumgart

(Depends on your previous choices re. fishpeople. But this may become more negotiable.)

Bluebird and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  13. PeterH

PeterH Member

So they are still in-game? I haven't seen a bandit tent since ..... forever.
    Or so it seems. Certainly not during the 52s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.