BETA 52F BETA 52F: SPIT AND POLISH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Has event arc frequency been toned way down? I only got one (unnatural whispers) in my first 10 days.

2. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Not on my end. Is it tied to the disturbance counter? Cos that counter's been going way up, and I've had a fair few events (singing grass twice, an airship crash, several bandit arrivals, eerie specters)

The colonists don't seem to be any less aggressive than the previous version. Except for a couple with the "craven" trait, I had a conga line of colonists suicide by bum rushing obeliskians (despite the fact that the soldiers were already engaged in combat).
    In fact, I didn't lose a single soldier:
    Screen Shot 07-23-16 at 02.02 PM.JPG
    (while we're at it, the auto-zoom on location when an airship crash happens is really jarring and results in Horror. The battle was about to start, I got shot to the airship location, by the time I went back, everyone had died).

Okay, now that I have a fresh stack of corpses to see how the graveyards work, add me to the camp puzzled by the decision of fixed sizes. I still get half empty graveyards despite having plenty of open "squares" but now I have to flatten and clear out areas more often to accomodate the fixed size.
    EDIT: Well they seem to be using all the available space in one graveyard, but only after I built a second graveyard. It's weird.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Unforked likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

@Unforked it may be tied a little too much (for my tastes, anyhow) to the rate of building creation.

4. Nicholas

Ugh. Does it generate a call stack when it quits? Can you post that here?

5. Soopah

Soopah Member

Another thing is that has been quite irritating is that some modules tend be unusable for some reason. My stone smelting crucible and my kitchen couldn't be used for some reason. I couldn't understand as to the reason why. It just suddenly became like it wasn't even there. Even if I replace the module and order the colonist to use it, nothing happens. So irritating...

6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Overall, upkeep nicely tamed. Seems well balanced now. Speed up button wonderful :)

Not too keen on the fixed area selection for mining/cutting/foraging etc. but can see the reason for it. Not a real problem.

Traders have little variety in goods - used to get carpets, beer and much more. Now very little coming in. By design?

Need to be able to place carpets under stuff (or stuff on top of carpets). Guess this is tied to stopping people overlapping beds though.

Great build guys .. thank you. Some crashes and script errors - will do a concerted upload of ones tomorrow I hope.

Tarod likes this.
  7. tojosan

tojosan Member

Just happened again.
    Attached is the Mac .crash report.

Attached Files:

8. tojosan

tojosan Member

All crashes have this at the Thread 0 spot.
    I can vouch selecting to assign work crew creates a crash.

Code:
    Thread 0 Crashed:: MainThrd  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010b4d8d23 rendWorkCrewSelectionBox::buildWorkCrewTooltip(rendWorkParty*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >) + 2643
    1   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010b4db3ee rendWorkCrewSelectionBox::regenerateSelectionBox() + 2318
    2   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad22636 illSignal::Go(boost::any const&) + 70
    3   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010b4dc11f rendWorkCrewSelectionBox::handleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 271
    4   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad1d5ad illContainerButton::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 13
    5   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    6   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    7   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    8   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    9   com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    10  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad00734 illContainer::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 148
    11  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad2a798 illTransWindow::MaybeHandleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 104
    12  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ad335b2 illWidgetMgr::handleMouseUp(int, int, unsigned int) + 754
    13  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ac33ce7 sysHandleInput() + 1815
    14  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ac35064 sysMainLoop() + 308
    15  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010ac34e2a sysInit(int, char**) + 2026
    16  com.gaslampgames.ClockworkEmpires    0x000000010acdb678 main + 296
    17  libdyld.dylib                     0x00007fff9361c5ad start + 1

9. tojosan

tojosan Member

Weighing in to say being unable to place carpets under things in 52E made it challenging. Perhaps we're now supposed to allow spare room in the building just for carpet?

Tarod likes this.
  10. Nicholas

Can you send a save game, please? Thanks!

11. Unforked

Unforked Member

I like it, bigger buildings have a nicer aesthetic in my opinion.

Tarod likes this.
  12. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Member

tojosan likes this.
  13. Soopah

Soopah Member

Done. I added the autosaves so you can peruse that too.

14. Soopah

Soopah Member

Another thing while I'm at it, why not have the tea brewable? I know it supposed to be a trade item but is it a bit strange that the colonist cannot consume it?

Tarod and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  15. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

What's the use for flax too? It used to be to make beds but now that that's been changed it seems to only be there for trade... and it still takes a few days to grow... not to mention its not even very profitable lol.

With the same crew you can make a mine anywhere and just have them all dig out a bunch of sand, concrete, and clay and refine those goods for even more cash.

16. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I must be growing some volatile corn, because my commemorative landmine got dropped on my farm, and now it won't stop exploding.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tarod, Fredrik, Noratoxin and 4 others like this.
  17. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

Really enjoying most of the changes... just got to 35+ colonists when they started worshipping a cult and brought forth some obeliskian god thing that killed 30 colonists... lol, then 1 day later an enemy army decided to attack.

Getting a few random crashes here and there, don't appear to be linked to anything and don't repeat when i restart from saved game.

The stamp system for resources and clearing is ok, i find it an advantage to have 30 small jobs rather than one large job as its easier to manage and keeps all unused work teams busy (mainly at the start), i found that when drawing a box to define an area it would often fail to draw, so the stamp system seems alot more reliable

Some of the module placement counts aren't working, e.g. i made 4 practical beds but the practical bed placement button is greyed out and shows 0 modules built.

Love the new residential building system, housing actually has a point now, although a tooltip on the housing building icons to explain that each only houses a maximum of 5 or whatever people would probably be good, i tried building a 60x10 size house only to find out it only houses 5 people lol.

Especially love raiding bandits villages, had't noticed this before, but haven't played since 52D

Would prefer the stamp system not to include graveyards though, i tend to put them in unusable land outside of my town, so they can be funny shapes and sizes, hopefully buildings wont get this stamp treatment, i like being able to freely draw my village, also i use a 2x line of stockpiles running along the length of my village for ease of foraging and farming, so please no stamp system for stockpiles.

Some of the events could do with starting at particular times, like its a sunny day sometimes starting at dusk is a bit odd.

Also noticed an odd text box popping up saying "plant placement" when ordering my naturalist to explore an area.

No NCO at start is great (extra gathering and building workforce at beginning), but the beginners loadout still says it contains an NCO.

18. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Found a little bug with the traders... sometimes they get stuck doing this...

Pondering about life and the meanings of all things grandiose and meaningless.

Attached Files:

19. Unforked

Unforked Member

Luckily farms still seem to function normally when that happens.

Also if I may ask, what do you use to capture those animated gifs?

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

gifcam

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Unforked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.