BETA 52E BETA 52E: THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE NEW BUTTON ON THE UI

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I mostly like how the colonists start mobbing any enemy that shows its antediluvian lack of a face in my colony instead of running away to let my militia take care of it, but when I'm low on colonists it's a bit of a pain. Also, they don't try to flee when they're about to die, regardless of being Foolishly Brave or not. They also have a worrying tendency to pursue their foes to the ends of the earth, which sometimes gets them ambushed by other monsters and always delays work. Has the common Clockworker always been intended to be incredibly hardcore, or is this a problem?

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  2. tojosan

tojosan Member

The Foreign Office is still misbehaving. It's not resetting daily.
    Points are accumulating though.

3. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

The foreign invasion was as much a fiasco as the bay of pigs. I asked for a few foreign legionnaires and my colonists mobbed the enemy while they got pelted to pieces with shot and musket.

Unforked and Manamoo like this.
  4. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I love the Bay of Pigs reference...you don't see that much these days...Have to say...hats off to you Crazy...:D

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  5. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I've seem they attach themselves to corpses via a stalk. Well only skeletons. If the corpses are fresh do they spawn zombies?

Also could there please be am option to butcher human corpses? All that meat is going to waste being dumped at the edge of the colony....

Would add a nice flair to the game and make it easier for colonists to go insane haha... maybe make them murderous as well? (Wendigo!) Lol

6. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Sorry for the spam Devs but I also remembered something that may be a bug; in the desert/ocean biome I've had numerous airships crash in the same spot and they also spawn burnt logs where there arent any Joshua trees or saguaros.

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh boy, that's a good one. Fixed for 52F.

Ah - cleaned up the airship crash positioning for 52F.

Civilians have been made a bit less, uh, eager to take part in extended combats in 52F. There will be Additional Measures Taken towards this end which are logged on The Big List.

8. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

I think with some of the more, uh, enthusiastic events, it might be time to overhaul graveyards.
    On large colonies, the "dump corpse" order often results in corpses being dumped inside buildings or in the middle of the colony, and when building graveyards, a large portion of them goes unused before colonists refuse to use them and ask for more graveyard space.
    I don't know what it says about my overseeing skills that my biggest issue is currently finding space for corpses.

Also, giving corpse orders to a large number of corpses at once (10+) returns a script error (I'll get a sshot next time it happens), and when they turn to skeletons, a lot of the corpses are disappearing (but only visually, orders can still be given to bury/dump them)

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(FIXED leftover jobs after starting new game, quitting, starting new game again)

10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

There was an error when burying corpses of Foreigners. Fixed for 52F!

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  11. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I agree, my current colony is a boneyard with skeletons and bones in buildings and everywhere up to the countryside. It happens after bandits have raided you plenty of times and 2 foreign invasions have been launched against the colony

Not to mention the dump corpse order is redundant, having people place the corpses in one place and then taking them somewhere else after, again and again.

12. Do you mean a colonist will manually go and clear the terrain, or the objects just vanish? I'm fairly certain leveling terrain would always create jobs to clear terrain on anything in the area once the terrain was level.

13. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

It creates the shovel icon to level the terrain but if there's a cactus or shrubs it will create additional jobs to clear those items.

There's already a job for it, the clear terrain job which is why I thought of it as a bug

14. tojosan

tojosan Member

Another bug.
    Occasionally a tree gets 'locked'. It can't be chopped or cleared. I've found this when I've selected a set of trees to cut down and the cutting is delayed or stopped. Cancelling the group cutting allows the other individual trees to be acted on but one will be an odd one out.

Hope I've described that well enough.

15. tojosan

tojosan Member

and.....
    for 52F, The Restoration of Diplomacy and Goodwill to the Colonies.

16. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

That doesn't look like a skilled naturalist to me.... (Request skilled naturalist from the empire)

Also, the church of cog seems to share some similarities with the aztecs and their religion..

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.