BETA 52D BETA 52D: CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Are we supposed to be able to make iron ingots from scrap metal? Because we can't.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes. Logged as OC-5149!

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hotfixes applied:

balance: added upkeep trunks to starting loadout supplies
    balance: added upkeep trunks to traders' potential goods
    FIXED 52D: The "Alone" loadout now disables 'safety' events designed to bail you out at low population counts
    FIXED 52D: eerie spectres
    FIXED 52D: Stalwart Supply loadout no longer attempts to autoassign a worker to the NCO
    FIXED 52D: loadout_food
    FIXED 52D: mad carpenter
    FIXED 52D: airship crash
    FIXED 52D: quag cult
    FIXED: forest meat rides again

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

In relation to what happened in this playthrough, it might be necessary given some of the event arcs now being thrown at the player for there to be something normal colonists can do in threatening situations other than just flee from all such encounters and running the risk of a game degrading into nothing but a endless flee loop with nothing else possible.

Perhaps providing their fear is under a certain threshold and they don't have traits like craven, then they might weigh up a decision to confront the source rather than just flee simply because they're not flagged as a military unit like is currently the case.

They don't necessarily need to stand much chance of surviving if the thing they decide to face turns out to be hostile. Just something so if it's something that's potentially creepy but not directly a threat then regular colonists might tolerate it and carry on unless they're already on the verge of cracking or are naturally a coward.

Once it becomes clear it's a physical threat of course, then they'd run for it unless really forced to stand and fight in a last effort before death.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  5. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

No matter what other issues may come up with this game, I will never tire of the responsiveness of the Gaslamp developers.

6. First game since the hotfix, started out with a few foxes and beetles near where I landed, so I enabled hunting for my NCO and went to nab them. When he went to butcher them, some of the beetle steaks and/or lacquer that dropped were immediately marked as Forbidden. I only noticed this happening with the beetles. He also ranged a lot farther than I remember in hunting down other animals (I left hunting enabled), but that may have been a case of a lot of animals near enough to one another that he just kinda bounced from one to the other for a pretty impressive distance.

7. Nicholas

Forest meat should, indeed, be forbidden by default. If forest meat is NOT forbidden, then we have a problem. One does not simply... claim... forest meat.

Will think about putting a civilization check on hunting.

8. It didn't happen with the foxes he killed though, only the beetles. I reloaded a few more maps to test something, and I'm seeing noticeably more animals consistently near my starting locations than before. Is this due to the map size decrease?

9. Nicholas

Probably, yes - we didn't change the # of spawned groups so I would expect that they are all clustered closer to the starting location. Will discuss with David how he wants to fix this.

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Don't know if this is an issue or not, but I thought I'd mention it:

From day 1 to about 20 I got event arcs at a fairly frequent rate. From 20 to 35 I got none at all. Is it possible to go 15 days with no arcs?

11. dbaumgart

It is. You could be in for some real Fun.

(If you suspect there's an error, send us the log or savegame and we can check if something is off-kilter.)

Yeah we should probably alter this. Made OC-5150 for it!

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Airship crash event : script error on completion I think Capture.PNG

13. dbaumgart

Damn! Well, it's right at the end at least and lets you get away without the consequences for not having a Foreign Office. It's fixed for the next patch.

14. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Love it. You can make it even darker having a colonist permanently leave the colony and join bandits or start his or her own crazy cult instead of waiting for madness. The witch movie style...or a wendigo beast that comes back to hunt your colonists if you survive... sorry I'm gonna keep pushing for wendigos they fit the Frontier Lovecraftian feel for me :p

15. 1: i like the upkeep system however can you pls do it so the workstatios remeber the order it had before maintenance
    2: I Think the map has become to small may be it is just me

i real like the mining option and Hauling system

16. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

After the hotfix, this started happening:
    Screen Shot 07-14-16 at 05.31 PM.JPG Screen Shot 07-14-16 at 05.33 PM.JPG

The colonists end up with resources stuck to their hands. Forbidding and claiming doesn't seem to change this, they'll go about as if they weren't there (it doesn't seem to be just graphical either, it they count in commodities). If they pick up other items, they'll still keep their stuck item in their hand no matter what.

+1 on the map feeling cramped now. Especially with the hunting and the constant expansion for resources, a lot of stuff ends up happening near the edges and Weird Things happen at the edges (although even before there was a lot of action around the edges where traders/bandits/fishpeople often meet and make a mess)

17. dbaumgart

Super weird - nothing particular to the hot fix should be changing pickup/drop of items. I don't think. Can you send us a savegame?

18. Unforked

Unforked Member

At last! I've waited so long for this!:D

20160714145043_1.jpg

19. Nicholas

Unfortunate and alarming!

20. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Here's the save.
    Maybe it has something to do with cancelling constructions? I do tend to do that a lot while colonists are gathering materials.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.