BETA 52C: POUNDED INTO THE DIRT BY APPARENTLY EXTREME UPKEEP REQUIREMENT NUMBERS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Game crashes every time I load. Tried going back a few saves and all have the same issue

Edit : Hmm .. all saves I tried crash within a few mins. Odd

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Samut

Samut Member

I don't think there's any revolving either, as the angle of sunlight doesn't seem to change at all during the day, suggesting CE's Sun doesn't rise and set so much as turn on and off.

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

Were they started with the current version?

4. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

Perhaps there's a celestial dimmer switch.

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Fully agree with this, perhaps at the end of each colonial week (5 days) if your number of workers/overseers is under the total limit your colony can support a event triggers where the empire goes:

"Well seems like you got plenty of space there. Have some more people!"

And sends as many as you can support. Which acts as the normal controlled immigration behaviour.

However at the same time, at any point random events might occur that force a influx of colonists on you in smaller numbers but with certain traits... like a wave of Novorus refuges just stroll into your colony with communist tendencies. You can choose to either welcome them with open arms but potentially anger xenophobic or patriotic colonists in general, or you can officially frown on the arrival of individuals from a enemy nation in what is a colony loyal to the empire but have little means to make them leave outside of frontier justice (which may trigger hostile acts throw your way by foreign powers) but if you just let them stay this causes existing colonists to have a chance of making enemies out of the new arrivals.

Or perhaps the Empire might spontaneously send a load of colonists to you without prior warning with a note attached to one of their heads saying:

"We've recently had some budget cutbacks and had to shut down some prisons/asylums/universities so we're sending you some people displaced from those cutbacks. Put them to work somewhere old chap."

And suddenly you've got 8 violent criminals standing around in a colony that wasn't expecting them.

Or some deranged scientist that sees their relocation as a chance to engage in some new research under less scrutinous oversight than they had back home.

Mad_Ludvig likes this.
  6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup. Very odd.

7. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Weird things have been happening on my last save.

A squad of foreigners attacked and basically murdered my military. As this was happening, I was frantically switching over labourers, but when the NCO died I got the "we need an overseer" message. Someone did appear to get promoted though, but he showed no skills in the interface and still has the labourer graphics ingame. Since he didn't become an NCO, I changed his workshop (he can still be assigned to workshops and be assigned a workcrew, but he does not seem to do anything except "tidy shop" once there) and put someone else in the barracks, but that person did not become an NCO despite the UI showing that she was assigned to the barracks; I had to assign/unassign a couple more times to get someone to finally be an NCO again.

Following all this (I had like 7 out of 14 people get murdered by evil foreigners), a mystery stockpile job appeared somewhere far away in the map that had people forming a long conga line of "Return Goods to Stockpile" except they would turn back after getting to a certain (really far away) point. I've been trying to forbid the item by randomly selecting areas, but there appears to be no item in that direction (this is on alpine so maybe it's stuck under a hill?).
    (on the save you can see three people coming back from said job and one of them on her way to the mystery spot)

Other random stuff:
    - Dead colonists still show up in the colonist list (with a fear icon)
    - I let some bandits take my stuff, then ordered my men to shoot them and the bandits just stopped with the goods in their hands "Considering Possibilities" (or something like that) until they were shot dead. They were also being shot by traders that happened to be there at the time.
    - There's a graphical glitch with Cabbage Stew where the stew pot appears on top of the oven as soon as the cooking job has started.

Attached Files:

8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Do you have a Trade Office? Or does it not work when you have a trade post? (I will check the event nonetheless.)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  9. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Still not thrilled about doors adding to upkeep

10. dbaumgart

If that is happening, that is a bug. Thank you for reporting it!

To follow up: Is it EVERY door or only particular types of door? I haven't noticed basic doors adding to upkeep. Do you see the number incrementing when you build doors?

Aside, Traders with no items: If anyone gets this happening, please please send a save game / console log! I am not able to reliably produce this bug and would like more cases.

11. Mikel

Actually I am assuming doors are the issue. Had a kitchen and a carpentry shop, each with two stations, and an upkeep of six.

12. LeChatMG

LeChatMG Member

Stone Ovens have an upkeep of 2 Novice Trunks per week, so given what you say:
    2 Stone Ovens @ 2 Novice Trunks + 2 Carpentry Workbenches @ Novice Trunk = 6 Novice Trunks per week, nothing wrong here. :)

13. dbaumgart

BTW: I've found a possible issue with upkeep calculations and dismantling modules. I'm on this right now, so ... yeah, we know about it and are looking into it.

14. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Started new game, closed and then loaded saved game ; crash within 1 minute or two

15. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

I had a trade post. Is there a delay now between requesting traders and them starting out? I ask becuase 4-5 min later, two traders came in (just before crash).

16. dbaumgart

Traders should arrive immediately when requested unless they run into an error. Do you have a savegame or console log from this? Could be useful. -- I will otherwise just test the event's fail cases.

Edit: checked the code: if the Novorus Trader event does not find a valid trade office, it will create an alert telling you. So it could be a placement error, or Something Else Mysterious ...

Bluebird likes this.
  17. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Not bug related, but started a new colony with 52C. Not 10 yards away from where everyone landed....

[​IMG]

Something slumbers in the deep.

dbaumgart and Unforked like this.
  18. Mikel

Good to know.

19. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Weird unexpected behaviour noticed with the naming for the default military workgroup you start off with. They might get named something like "Her Majesty's 155th Dodo Extinction Unit", and opening up the NCOs colonist details page again shows them as that units name which makes it a bit hard to tell them apart in the workgroup assignment list as it goes off of colonist Initial and Surname.

However if you go to rename the NCO it will show their real name, if you don't change anything and just click Accept name then the whole military unit gets assigned a new name featuring the NCOs real name.

[​IMG]

Not sure if this is a known quirk or not, but actually quite handy for players starting out so they can more easily distinguish the military unit.

20. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Absolutely adding "Dodo Extinction Unit" to the military crew names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.