BETA 52B BETA 52B: WE BASICALLY REWROTE ALL THE UI AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I just did a big cleanup of the upkeep stuff, it's MUCH happier in our dev build now - includes working properly, corrected counts, and using the multiobject system. Waiting now on a few more issues.

If anyone has a console log of the "gridAddTo" scripterror for which a couple screenshots have appeared, that'd let us track down what's going on. (There are about 50 places where this error could possibly occur! So we need to find out which it is.)

Rentahamster, tojosan and Unforked like this.
  2. tojosan

tojosan Member

@dbaumgart , thank you for the update.
    Some of us are of course excited about this particular set of fixes.

- Question: I can rename specific colonists but not things like Her Majesty's 122nd Regiment. Is that coming in the future or am I just slow to figure it out.

3. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

I think my console has been overwritten for when I experienced. One thing I noticed around that time, which may or may not be related, is that the trade office window gets a bit funky. In the trading interface, the '+' and '-' boxes to increase/decrease traded goods, becomes a black square. The propose and cancel buttons at the bottom also become black squares

4. dbaumgart

Can you tell me what was going on in the game when this happened, or what you clicked on? (A savegame showing this state may be useful.)

5. dbaumgart

(Found the gridAddItem error and have added a Safety Check for this case.)

6. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Unfortunately I do not, but will save and post if it happens again.
    Also, in the process of opening and exiting to menu, found this error still exists (see post #15)
    https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/beta-52-crash-thread.17451/#post-114272

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.