BETA 52B BETA 52B: WE BASICALLY REWROTE ALL THE UI AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oh, hey, cults are back.

Major Changes

new immigration system
    building control windows redone
    workshop jobs that are interrupted will return unused ingredients
    added building upkeep system & repair trunks to pay for upkeep
    added a major cult crisis event arc

All changes for Beta 52B

added current/max population widget to UI
    updated tutorial to reference new immigration
    added production menu coloring feedback for stuff you don't have the ingredients for
    added list of workshops/offices/houses to click on when the menu is open (lots of love needed to make the system feel elegant again: reorganization, making important info visible at a glance, styling, etc.)
    overhauled the immigration system (Immigration is now based on your housing capacity. 2 workers per Lower Class House, 1 overseer per Middle Class House. We'll see how this goes.)
    added unique gun locker models
    fiddled about with a lots of UI
    Repair Trunks are now craftable (for upkeep)
    moved all workshops, offices, housing over to workshops, offices, housing panel
    stockpiles can now be assigned to work crews (a work crew that is not busy and can haul will still attempt to haul, however)
    commodities used in the production of module goods are now stashed in the module using them, and will be released if the job is aborted
    added some new techs to military and mining
    swapped position of trade office and naturalist office in the offices submenu
    added a major cult crisis
    added building upkeep
    sugarcane can be brewed into booze
    buckets of agave syrup may now ignite if set on fire
    added alert for if traders attempt to visit but no trade office is built
    dissecting horrors now has a chance to increase science points in random lab
    cleaned up various edge cases in Trader group behaviour
    balance: all starting characters start with "Pioneering Spirit" trait
    FIXED: construction jobs did not use closest materials
    FIXED: bandits could be set to double-plunder your settlement
    FIXED: error in certain cases during bandit plundering of goods relating to stacks and goods ownership
    FIXED: pickling a certain type of fungus could lead to problems
    FIXED: traders will abort trade mission if you demolish the trade office (and they will not consider a trade office in process of being demolished to be valid trade target)
    FIXED: issue with healing afflictions in Barbershop
    FIXED: Stahlmark special traders no longer use Novorusian flag
    FIXED: steam knights will now never land inside buildings or in water
    FIXED: display cost of mechanical mixing tank
    FIXED: in several cases, traders would not find a valid trade office
    FIXED: pickling chillies
    FIXED: dipping into trade-food required only half the hunger it was supposed to
    FIXED (42A): chilli stew in Iron Oven
    Internal
    FIXED: corrected more incorrect memory names

2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh thank sweet Bokrug, cults are back!

Mikel likes this.
  3. Nicholas

I don't know what a Bokrug is but I'm putting it in the name generators.

Tarod, TheD3rp, DaCrAzYmOfO and 8 others like this.
  4. tojosan

tojosan Member

And there was much rejoicing.
    I've been holding off playing just for this. And now I can make those dang pickled chillies.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

And here it is :)

6. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

In the Housing Management View, clicking on the "Focus Camera On This House" button doesn't work.

7. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

A Lovecraftian deity - specifically, a reptilian creature that takes vengeance on a city after its populace wipes out its inhuman followers. From the short story The Doom that Came to Sarnath. Pretty mundane for a Lovecraftian god, actually.

Marak, Thanandorn and Unforked like this.
  8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Wow, housing suddenly matters... a lot. I like it!

Mikel likes this.
  9. Delgotta

Delgotta Member

missing my Saskatoon berries!
    upload_2016-7-8_23-22-52.png

Attached Files:

10. tojosan

tojosan Member

Raw meat is greyed out in the over drop down to make cooked meat. It cooks just fine and inventory seems correct.

Attached Files:

11. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Crashed on an auto-save no .dmp file to be found. :(

12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I guess this means bye bye huge dormitories.

13. Nicholas

Yep! Also, once I'm done my Evil Weekend Project you'd better get used to middle class people actually wanting things in their houses. :)

I'll take a look at the crash bugs once I get in tomorrow. I'll also bring up the discussion of "should doors and decor" have upkeep on Monday? It seems a bit odd that a door should (I didn't actually do this system.) Does the door... just... trap you in the building if you fail your upkeep?

Unforked likes this.
  14. tojosan

tojosan Member

So @Nicholas , previously beds in barracks counted. Now, it seems to make more sense to build a barracks with 4 beds than the 20 I was building earlier this week.
    It's going to be a shift in things but just made me realize I can build a barracks faster since it doesn't have to be the largest building i put down.

15. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Considerable increase on log requirements means forests should start to grow back now.

16. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

When a workshop breaks, there is no priority given to fixing it with a repair trunk and no way to force it. Mybe if the unit is disabled then the workers in it should repair it themselves if a trunk is available?

Selly1 and tojosan like this.
  17. tojosan

tojosan Member

Also the number of trunks for upkeep is going to exceed my capacity to make them unless I devote one carpenter to just making those.

18. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup - think some balance needed. Seems daft to just churn out 3x3 housing in order to get colonists. One house / overseer? Should it not be the number of beds?

The repair thing is one to ponder - ramps up very quickly - day 5 and I need 35/week ; a full time carpenter plus chews through wood at an alarming rate. With the lack of incoming workers and overseers, finding it hard to get anything moving at all - all efforts are in food/planks mining/woodcutting.

ok : really dislike the current repair system. Huge overhead for no real benefit. Too big a discrepancy between the deterioration rate vs resources needed. Idea sound in principle but needs too much worker time and stuff to run.

Housing : if a worker dies or soldier killed, does the count reset and thus allow another immigrant to come? Had 3 dies and no replacements - just seemed to keep the old count.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  19. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

The various cooked meat recipes in the Kitchen are permanently greyed out, even if the facilities and inputs are all available - it's also possible to make them, even though the UI indicates it is not.

Shortly after starting a colony, I had a functioning kitchen, carpentry and one big house with 8 beds. The monthly repair trunk upkeep was 26 trunks a month. What that means, I guess, is that I'm going to have to devote at least one carpentry workbench to each type of repair trunk on a permanent basis (or I'm going to have to micromanage switching carpentry jobs around all the time), which means, in turn, I'm going to have to start building my carpentry workshops much larger, so they contain a much larger number of workbenches. I'll keep an eye on keeping a carpentry functional, but building an enormous carpentry is large investment for a colony just starting out (i.e. it's hard to get by in the early game with a small carpentry).

tojosan likes this.
  20. tojosan

tojosan Member

Boom. Crash. No theory on this one. No adjacent buildings.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.