BETA 52A BETA 52A: PROTECT YOUR MEAT FROM FOXES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

There has to be a true downside to being friends with bandits, otherwise that's all any player would ever do. The recent blog about it mentioned that bandits will be bandits, true to their nature, and any "alliance" with them will be tenuous.

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

You've never had to. You can pretty much just guess and check throughout the whole map.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  3. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Yeah basically just make a mine wherever the little marker is and you go based off on whatever mineral was already on top of it.

It kinda beats the sole purpose of naturalists right now though :/

4. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Question regarding traders (noticed in 52A, I think in 52 as well):
    I've found that after completing a trades, my sold goods disappear and the commodity count of what I bought increases (so far so good...). However, I cannot visually see the goods. Nevertheless, when those acquired goods are needed, a laborer basically makes them appear out of thin air to use. So on the plus side, the goods are there and consistent with the commodity count. However, I have no visual confirmation that they exist.

Anyone else experience?

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  5. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Yes since the 51 series.

6. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Two observations, probably bugs.
    1. Farmers Stew is available without a spice rack built
    2. Refined Food is available with an iron oven without having republic at maximum relationship

Another thing that i can't clearly pinpoint:

Sometimes the count of successfully completed workshop order is not increasing correctly, e.g. make order for 18 beds in carpentry workbench, after a while the count is at 6 of 18 but 9 beds are in the stockpile.
    Also the other way round: Order for 5 iron plates but after the completion message that the order has been fulfilled only four plates are available in stockpile. This happens without any orders needing iron plates.

7. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

I think if you switch orders mid-job, when the old job is completed, it thinks one order in the new job is done. For example, if you ordered 5 iron plates but interrupted a job for copper pipes, the crew will finish one copper pipe and then create 4 iron plates.

8. Blyn

Blyn Member

i guess my problem is that i made an office and set people to work in it until i had enough points because i wanted to make peace with the bandits, not make tolerate their stealing.

if i was willing to tolerate stealing i would have said "just take what you want!" at the beginning for free.

9. iucounu

iucounu Member

Yes, I just worked this out last night. Here's how you can see it happen reliably:
    1. Order, like, 10 planks from a Carpentry workbench
    2. While the worker is fetching some wood, change the order at that bench to '1 ceramics workbench'
    3. Wait for the worker to return with wood and complete the planks
    4. You get a notification that the ceramics workbench job is complete and it's removed from the queue, but you have no ceramics bench.
    I am also unsure why the Smithing Forge doesn't make an iron plate or iron pipe when I have 1 iron ingot but no coal in my inventory. The recipe suggests it only needs one ingot and no coal. (As soon as I get a lump of coal, I might be able to tell if it's the recipe requiring fuel but not telling me.)

10. iucounu

iucounu Member

A couple of other issues I've noticed in 52A:
    • The handy 'can you build this?' box when you're placing blueprints is neat. However when I used the Explore Command, a box popped up that seemed to think I was placing an ornamental plant.
    • Sometimes the foundations of a building will vanish as soon as you place a blueprint, and when the building is completed it's invisible except for any modules therein.
    • It's still not terribly obvious under what conditions villagers can walk past a cot or bed. It seems like they can walk between two cots placed side by side with a one space gap between them, but not between two cots placed head to toe with a one space gap between. This seems especially odd because the green access points you might imagine cause a pathing blockage are along the sides, not at the top and bottom.
    EDIT: Oh, and:
    • 'Exciting and violent promotions' seem weird to me. The workcrew doesn't disband; instead I have a pseudo-overseer for the crew who used to be a common labourer. I can't get that new overseer back into the labourer pool and they're just a kind of useless new overseer with no skills and no actual name on the Work Crews screen. I think it'd make more sense to just pop the whole squad back into labourer pool than 'promote' someone, which doesn't seem well handled at present?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh yeah, logged as OC-5081.

It requires 2 ingots. I *think* the tooltip says this. Checked the code and it says it should say 2. Does it not?

12. Naffarin

I don't think that was the case because i didn't switch orders at any time. The carpenter consists of two workbenches, one set to make planks, the other got the order to produce beds...no changes in between

13. Naffarin

Another thing: Building a mechanical brewing tank/vat has the description to use 1 iron plate, 2 planks and 2 cogs but it required only one cog in my game to complete.

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks, fixed this for the next patch!

15. iucounu

iucounu Member

It doesn't seem to - I'll check after dinner. If you don't hear back, assume it was my idiocy at fault.

EDIT: Yep, idiocy. Ignore!

16. iucounu

iucounu Member

Sorry I hope this isn't getting boring or whiny.

Progress! I have made an iron pipe and an iron plate. I have ordered an Iron Oven from my metalworks' workbench. However: this never seems to happen. The pipes and plates get consumed, but the bricks part of it never seems to happen.

Both times, I've been interrupted by a bandit raid - after which, nobody seems to care much about finishing the job, and I just end up having wasted four ingots. Here's a save just after I got the resources for the oven - the bloody bandits will be arriving shortly.

Attached Files:

17. tojosan

tojosan Member

Bug in Chapel related to Chairs. Chairs were built, clearly in inventory.
    The Chapel module placement had it grayed out. Was still able to place chairs.

Secondary bug. Produced loading bay doors. Four times. Got the message. It took till the fourth one before one actually was generated.
    Not life threatening but weird.

18. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yep, it's a known issue and is thankfully getting taken care of. Especially frustrating with recipes that require steel, which can be hard enough to make without getting interrupted (in my case I tend to only find chalk near the edge of the map). Losing steel just hurts.

19. tojosan

tojosan Member

Another small bug. Notification on my just reloaded game is a black rectangle.
    No functional issue though.

Attached Files:

20. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Grinder input/output appears to be off. It's taking 6 stone and outputting 2 ores (tool tip says 5 stone in, 1 ore out)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.