BETA 51J: BUT IN LATIN THE BETA REVISION STARTS WITH AN "I"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Another in our series of small hotfixes. The commodity-off thing should now be dead. If it's not, please let me know ASAP. I want this fixed before 52 goes out the door.

Consolidated-ish changes:

• removed extraneous (and incorrect) skill display from bottom of workshops
    • FIXED (51I): commodity counts would not decrease during model deletion after save/load
    • FIXED: interactions on corpses now correctly reset after butchery by fishpeople
    • FIXED: player-ordered hunting jobs won't be lost
    • FIXED (51F): chilli stew & molasses output corrected
    • FIXED (since 51F): saving game after flattening terrain will cause a crash
    • FIXED (51I): commodity counts would not decrease during model deletion after save/load

Unforked, Tarod and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Man, I think this is the farthest into the alphabet I've ever seen a revision go. Off to test the revised client!

3. Nicholas

Yes. That's how we discovered that 51I is a terrible revision because Daniel and David kept asking me "can you make the l uppercase L?"

Unforked and Rentahamster like this.
  4. Alephred

Unexpected crash! I didn't get to play far enough in to see if the commodity issue was solved. The game successfully autosaved some time before crashing. No obvious cause for the crash.

*edit* Whoa, I don't know what's going on with the save files, I can see them in the right directory, but when I try to load one from in-game, I can't see any files available.

Attached Files:

5. Nicholas

Crashing serializing a "ghost module." What were you doing at the time?

6. Nicholas

(Also note: if the game cannot open a save game file, because it thinks it's corrupted or what have you, it simply won't report it in the save list.)

7. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Ummm possible minor glitchy thingy...trying to get the flatten terrain button to go to the grid is hiccuping. I click and click and click and nothing...then I click on the housing...click off the housing, then back to where the flatten terrain button lives and it manages to work. Not sure if that's a glitch...or what you'd need...I don't have a saved game...yet...but if you could tell me what you need to see it I will not be as picky and just start any old game...be the NCO a Communist Fishy Laudanum fiend that actually dreams of being a farmer and all...lol!

8. Alephred

Hm. I had queued up the usual modules for construction early in the game. Carpentry workbenches, cots, stone ovens. I was just watching colonists build stuff and haul things, hands-off at the time of the crash.

re: saves: A manual save (of a new session) that I created both saved and loaded successfully.

9. Nicholas

Weird. okay, well, I can see ways in which it could happen, but I have no idea how to reproduce it so I'm just going to clean it up (it's a variation of the same registration/deregistration problems plaguing Interactive Objects) and hope for the best. Any commodity issues?

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

lmao

Tarod likes this.
  11. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

20160620201908_1.jpg
    oops - was still in "post reply" area when I came back, sry for not sooner
    I'm still early at this point, but did want to put this up and then continue. (commodities are better thus far, but I'm only a few days in)
    i know this has been put up before, and not sure if it was something on the "before 52" list
    removing module from workshop does not remove module's selection of work

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  12. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

ok looks like commodities in themselves are counting properly in the big picture.
    Did have my planks disappear again - having 12, but only 1 to be found, noticed a little later, so in replay this happened most likely day 8, but could have been day 7

Attached Files:

13. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

Looks like my commodities are counting correctly, but some of them aren't visible in the stockpiles (stone in this case).

20160620204922_1.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

I think my biomes are leaking. Screenshot from the game I just posted.

20160620210231_1.jpg

15. Alephred

That's my experience as well. After carefully watching my carpenters, it appears the count is correct, and work stops when wood runs out, but the last half of my stockpiled wood was invisible. It's still buggy, but it's better than the previous situation (erroneously reporting more wood than you actually have), since players won't run out of materials without an apparent cause.

*edit* possibly related, my gift of gold from the ministry (for reaching 30 colonists) parachuted down, but the crate and the gold itself were also invisible.

16. Delgotta

Delgotta Member

I have an issue with my workers refusing to build. I have more than enough resources. Did Cthulhu start a Union?

Attached Files:

17. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

I finally caught it red handed! Colonists were "stacking" boxed simple chairs in the lower stockpile. They seemed to have 2 of them try to stack in the same one, the 1st one put down, the 2nd one turned and put it down next to it, where it vanished, then there was another one stacked into invisible one, another one planted in same place the 1st one was but didn't stack with the first one, and pretty much 10 of em in that short time were no longer there.
    edit:removed text

This happened within the last 30 secs of the replay I put down.

Edit:
    The Fishgods bless it! --- attempted to reproduce the effect with planks and nadda. Also, although the boxed chairs were invisible, they were still there and available.
    well I might have found the invisiblility spell, but I haven't found the ultimate "Commodities Exorcism Spell"
    sorry
    edit2: the save when loaded shows that the stockpiles only show 1 plank, and commodities list shows 26. had been missing those 25 for a while by this time.

Attached Files:

18. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

Looks like I finally lost my stone. The map resource panel is showing 11, but the stockpile is only showing 2. I've had a brick kiln queued up for quite some time now and was wondering why it wasn't finishing.

20160620220538_1.jpg

I've also noticed that if I don't keep my colonists busy enough, they all kind of crowd around the stockpile and try to helpfully organize things. However, a lot of times someone will pick up the stack that someone else was going to store something in, and it just creates a whole bunch of job churn.

20160620220936_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Sethiusdraven likes this.
  19. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

Crash during autosave.
    Are the brick charcoal kilns able to be placed now?
    The bandits made camp about 15 feet from where I laid my encampment (not the original location due to terrain). I was able to forage their tents and remove their campfire without any change in their attitude.
    Jezail Rifle needs to be added to Barracks as I was able to get 2 from the bandit tents but was unable to place it due to it not being in the build list.

Attached Files:

20. I sure hope we get to 51L, because there's an image I want to post so bad now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.