BETA 51G: EVERYBODY TESTS FOREVER

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I just kicked a new build to the Experimental, Revision 51G, with more debugging information and a possible fix for the save game crashing problem in Revision 51F. This is a fun bug to work on because I *cannot* get it to crash on any machine in the office. This means, well, putting debug code in, trying things, and propagating it back to the experimental branch today.

Can you guys run this, see if it fixes things, and if not send me the DMP and the Console? Thanks.

KillerKidClever and Rentahamster like this.
  2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Hm, I wonder what's so different between the computers at your office VS all of ours.

3. Nicholas

Danged if I know. Most likely, it's something that users are doing in the game that we don't here, either through virtue of not playing the game in that way or just something that shows up after... good sized... playing sessions.

Anyhow, let me know if you run into trouble. I'm going to stay here doing some work until I get the all-clear either way.

4. Nicholas

... anything? Anybody?

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash on save again

Attached Files:

6. Nicholas

Okay, good. now we're getting somewhere.

7. Nicholas

@#$@#%@. It's the Flatten Terrain object. Okay! See, now we ARE getting somewhere - and of course I *never* flatten my terrain at the start of the game. Okay.

KillerKidClever and Unforked like this.
  8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Another crash

Attached Files:

9. Nicholas

Repro'ed over here. Thanks for your patience, everyone. Going to grab a snack and then put up 51H which should nip this in the bud, after I figure out exactly what's going on.

10. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting into this, even though its crashing a lot I feel I've definitely gotten more than my 30 dollars worth I paid almost a year ago lol.

I've posted a few bugs on steam, I'll be posting them here if you guys don't mind.

11. Nicholas

Please do! Fire 'em in the bug forum! :)

12. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's another B51G autosave crash. I did flatten terrain a couple of times prior.

Attached Files:

13. berkstin

berkstin Member

Not sure what triggered this crash. I wasn't trying to save but it could have been trying to autosave?

Attached Files:

14. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

Had flattened terrain, but job was finished before auto-save i think.

Attached Files:

15. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

had several flatten terrains - no buildings or blueprints yet

Attached Files:

16. Delgotta

Delgotta Member

crashed while loading in using auto save file. seems to be consistent results. second was a random crash to desktop.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  17. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

A few random crashes and a crash on save....The one not sure which, one of the earlier .DMP's is exited the game to main menu without saving with the welcome tab up...it crashes every single time...you'd think I'd learn NOT to do it...

I will thank you, as well...for your dedication and hard work. It for sure does not go unnoticed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  18. Nicholas

Okay! Anybody want to try Hotfix 51H?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.