BETA 51F BETA 51F: STEAM KNIGHTS AND GENERAL FLAILING

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Another crash while manually saving. Not while under construction.

Attached Files:

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Steam Knight doing work! :D

lol

Attached Files:

Samut and Unforked like this.
  3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Holy crap, aurochs have some kind of turbo boost now. One of them just killed one of my soldiers while hunting! :O

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Can anybody figure out what the exact action is that causes a save game to crash? I've been playing on my home machine this morning with my (late) breakfast and I can't get it to crash while saving. I can go into the office to look at the DMP files, and probably will, but looking at Berkstin's dmp file (which is in plaintext, for what that's worth) is singularly unilluminating.

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

I had a fairly long game without a crash, but this one definitely happened right when the game autosaved as I was laying out the foundation for my metal works. The save is unloadable.

Side note: I think there may still be an issue with the commodities menu. It shows I have a few boxed small clothes lines when in fact I have none.

Attached Files:

6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

lol

Attached Files:

• GIF.gif
      GIF.gif
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    Manamoo and Unforked like this.
  7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash while saving to menu

Attached Files:

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Do you really only need 20 diplomacy points to get one, or is there some other thing required after that? Game keeps crashing before I get there.

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

There's a starting loadout that gives you one from the start.

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Wow, can't believe I didn't notice that. That is one seriously OP loadout!:D:dmg_putrefying:

I mean, why would anyone NOT choose that loadout?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  11. tojosan

tojosan Member

Crash while saving. Still have inventory bug meaning that checking inventory at top shows I have inventory I can't use or it's already been used but not removed. Weird bug with a dead beetle that won't be butchered. Maize to booze - first time ever for me. Yay.

Attached Files:

12. tojosan

tojosan Member

BTW, on Mac, where the heck are the .dmp files.

13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

After playing around with it, Steam Knights don't seem that useful.

1. They don't provide security happiness
    2. They are slow to respond to threats
    3. Their grenade launchers have a tendency to light my inventory on fire (lmao)

As far as I can tell, the "instant colony" loadout where you start with 4 additional workers is the best for a quick start. You can build a 5-workbench carpentry workshop on day one, and start pumping out planks, bricabrac, decor, practical beds, etc at a speedy pace. The very early game is severely bottlenecked by plank output, so the faster you can generate planks, the faster you can get going.

Unforked and Manamoo like this.
  14. Nicholas

I just kicked a new build to the Experimental, Revision 51G, with more debugging information and a possible fix for the problem. This is a fun bug to work on because I *cannot* get it to crash on any machine in the office.

Can you guys run this, see if it fixes things, and if not send me the DMP and the Console? Thanks.

tojosan likes this.
  15. tojosan

tojosan Member

Love the extra workers myself. Planks away. Didn't occur to me to make bricabrac immediately.
    Your take, mid grade housing or low quality housing first?

16. tojosan

tojosan Member

Going to try the new build. Please let me know where on the macs the .dmp file ends up.

17. Nicholas

Mac files don't get DMPs, because OS X uses a different crash reporting mechanism. You can get a giant call stack in the window that it produces when it crashes; ask Berkstin what he's using to collect that as a PDF.

(Also, are you getting the same issue he is where some alerts are not showing up?)

tojosan likes this.
  18. Unforked

Unforked Member

I never build any housing. All my beds go in my barracks, which I spruce up with rugs or clotheslines.

tojosan likes this.
  19. tojosan

tojosan Member

More crashes. Crashed on startup twice. Crashed unrelated to save. Not sure if I'm missing alerts.
    I'll find Berkstin and ask.

Attached Files:

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah, bricabrac is important to get at least one of your early buildings to max quality. Even if you don't have any beds, if a colonist sleeps on the floor of an excellent building, they will be slightly happy.

At this stage in the game development, the grade of housing doesn't matter (I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). What matters is the decor you put in it so that it has an "excellent" quality rating (+6 or more). That's why I don't even bother with housing. For my dorms, I just use barracks, since I'm going to need those buildings anyway for military purposes.

tojosan and Unforked like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.