BETA 51E BETA 51E: AGITATED PROGRAMMING NOISES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

We've been having problems with 1. for a bit now...

2. You bring up a fantastic point. I didn't notice it...but I was wondering why my colonist would get to a building with a boxed cot and then turn around with said box in his arms take it back to the stockpile...now I know for his break. Now that makes sense. I haven't gone out exploring.

3. With that biome you can make liquid...from the sugarcane, bottle of rum. I don't use that biome much...but I have in the past. I am pretty sure all biomes agriculture output can self-sustain, just can't make everything you want without research or trade. I know foodstuffs has been a frequent issue in the last few experimental patches as well.

2. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

In regards to 3. in the tropical biome's you need to plant sugar cane, then process the sugar loafs into molasses with a workbench in a kitchen and then you can process the molasses into alcohol.

Sethiusdraven likes this.
  3. Braincooler

Braincooler Member

The minimum # of products to create still doesn't work correctly. It seems that when we set minimum # to 10, the pioneer cooks 10 meals then stop working. This problem has been observed in the kitchen, I don't know for other workshops, but it seems ok.

Attached Files:

4. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

What VonKlein said about 3....=P

Haven't done a lot of Tropical Biomes...a few...but I tend to stick with the Temperate Forest/High Plain/Desert mix...hard to find (took hours, no joke) of creating map after map to find that perfect little place for my colonists. Well perfect for me...and my play style, at any rate.

5. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

ty vonklein, had gotten to that point but did not know that recipe : )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Here it is.

Attached Files:

7. I get that problem sometimes, too, but mostly because of the terrain generator being overly fond of canyons.

8. Braincooler

Braincooler Member

Could you assign keyboard's arrows to move the map too please ? Left-handed people would appreciate. ;)

9. LeChatMG

LeChatMG Member

I too have a bunch of stuff near the border of the map that my colonists try to haul back while frequently giving up halfway, here's what seems to happen:
    1. Colonist gets assigned job to "Return Goods (To Stockpile)" for one of those faraway items
    2. Colonist start to walk toward said item
    3. Colonist's path is stopped by a obstacle (a tree, some rocky nodes or whatever)
    4. Colonist stops for half a second, apparently for the game to recalculate a path
    5. Colonist eventually gets around the obstacle and continue walking toward his/her objective
    6. Steps 3-4-5 repeat ad nauseam until item is reached
    7. ...
    8. Profit! (not)
    Here's the catch: during step 4's stop, I don't think Colonist's path is simply recalculated, I think he/she is assigned a new task!
    If that task is the same or in the same area as the previous one, everything's fine (almost), otherwise Colonist could go back and forth due to these path stop until the shift break breaks in, were he/she is assigned to "Idle", "Go to Sleep (<somewhere>)", etc.

As such, when night comes, most of my colonists come back empty-handed from trying to "Return Goods". :(

Unforked likes this.
  10. Some weirdities in my current game:
    -Put rugs in some buildings and they're completely invisible
    -Getting "workstation unassigned" icon in a workshop where everything has assignments

11. I acquired a Musket Locker from a bandit camp and installed it, but I can't select muskets in that barracks.

12. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

scripterror from nowhere. Had only just acquired my first temps. Soldiers-not assigned to anything.
    20160609173229_1.jpg

Lost function (possibly the stone being gathered) assigning crew "building construction" to a workshop, plenty of supply, nobody continued the function. (or maybe I haven't made it to next day, pretty sure I had though)

Attached Files:

13. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks for the report, logged as OC-5014.

Very strange! Logged as OC-5015.

14. Just in case it's relevant, I accidentally put it in a lower-class house but moved it to barracks before it actually got installed.

15. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

followup- unassigned crew that was working on the building - building was continued / built

16. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Disregard here is an issue where they are not turning the molasses into alcohol.
    [​IMG]

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Turning molasses into rum uses the Still and the Distill Rum job, doesn't it? Instead of the Brew Basic Drink (Rum being improved... spirits rather than just basic booze)

18. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

No distill rum job available on the still

19. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Only moonshine,
    only moonshine, whisky, mezcal, all require a basic alcohol in order to distill.

20. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

I too was seeing this on 51D. My colony hasn't gotten a still yet in 51E but I should this evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.