BETA 51E BETA 51E: AGITATED PROGRAMMING NOISES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've played up to about 50 colonists on 51E now, and I'm seeing my Carpentry refuse to do any work. Their morale is high, and materials are plentiful, I've even tried switching crews, but nothing is working. In the same game, the Metalworks refuses to make anything - they won't even attempt to make the Leyden Pistol Cabinet (despite good morale and materials). If there's a reason for the work stoppages, it's not obvious to me.

Attached Files:

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Sometimes discrepancy errors in the display pop up. When in doubt, make more materials! Cut a bunch of trees, and see if that spurs your carpenters to life again.

3. Alephred

On an unrelated note, I finally saw the 'Fishy Idol' event run properly, all the way to completion. A colonist dug up a fishy idol, I chose to let him worship it (rather than mailing it back to the Empire), he grew gills and a poor complexion. A fishman patrol came by, and demanded the idol, so I let the colonist leave with them too. The event ended, but the colonist never left. He continues working at the Kitchen, to this day.

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

In this game, I'm trying to smelt iron ore. At first it worked fine, but then they kept just feeding coal into the smelter over and over. Now, they'll put the coal in, find 3 hematite chunks and lay them down at the stockpile - even though their job clearly states "smelt iron ingots".

Also, trying to make a Leyden pistol locker. Commodities menu says I have plenty of iron ingots, stockpile says I only have one. Maybe there are ingots somewhere else in the world, but the workers aren't using them if there are. Could they be "stuck" in the smelter?

Edit: Loaded up the game and eventually the locker started getting made. Not sure where they found the ingots, not sure what's going on in general.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Maize discrepancy

Attached Files:

6. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

From the screenshot looks like you are having fungi issues, too...but they may not be on your stockpile? I know my colonists are lazy about bringing the non-cooked stuff over to the stockpile.

7. So did the mining setup get changed so you only get 1 person per mineshaft recently? Because it seems like I'm getting basically nothing out of my one-shaft mines lately.
    EDIT: Also, I appear to have two hostile foreigner corpses in my colony that refuse to be interacted with in any way.

8. I generated a new map since it's a new version and I was worried that I'd screwed up with the mines, and I got another geographical oddity: 20160607234915_1.jpg
    I have apparently a bit under half the map to use, but the game dropped me off way in the corner for some reason.

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I'm not sure if I understand the meteor event. Am I supposed to be able to do something other than kill a bunch of white bugs things? Am I actually supposed to find a meteor somewhere?

10. Jacq

Jacq Member

Here is the game. I thought I have a save from before demolishing it, but I guess not. Sorry :(

What I do remember is I had accidentally assigned my farming crew to the ceramics workshop (and the ceramics crew to the farm). When I tried to assign them back there was a little bit of confusion and it seemed like my changes weren't being logged correctly but it eventually seemed to work so I thought I was just misclicking. It wasn't until a little bit alter I realized they still weren't farming, and that NO ONE was farming (I tried assigning a 3rd, totally different work group and still no dice).

I'm also very glad to hear I wasn't imagining the click/menu issues! Hooray for....bugs, I guess?

Attached Files:

11. Unforked

Unforked Member

Nope, that about covers it. They produce spores, which spawn new bugs and wacky tentacles, but all in all they're pretty harmless. I don't think that event is quite complete yet.

12. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

I had a giant fire in the outskirts after a meteor event - I did not actually see it on fire, but later saw a huge area of burnt trees.

13. Braincooler

Braincooler Member

"Fruit Medley" produces only 1 cooked food in place of 2.

14. Alephred

Beta 51E, crashed right to desktop, no warning. Files attached.

Attached Files:

15. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I see. Those things are annoying since they hassle my long range haulers. I murdered them all.

16. Just got the strangest error message: 20160608194029_1.jpg

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Woah! I'll take a console for that one Jonothan.

18. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

3 things for my first playthrough. took a bit to catch up with what is going on.
    --no trade depot involved.

1. items ie. mainly planks, but sometimes bricks and think it was copper ore, became... missing. The colonists halted doing anything involving said items and went to other tasks if they were available. I was able to break this, once, by finding a brick and plank off in the distance, no idea how it got there, and forbidding it. **showed only a single brick and plank, but when forbid, all were erased from commodities** When this happened again, I forbid items in the stockpiles, and once that brought things back to life, but this last time, even pumping more items up in the workshops wasn't bringing it back to life.

2. the breaks people get do not allow them to reach the further parts of the map to "return to stockpile". They get about 3/4 of the way there, head back home for break, head back out to try again, repeat. even with decent happiness. wasn't till I forbid everything I could find out that far that they went and did something else.

3. (more of a request). For those maps that just have chili / tea / (forgot 3rd thing)... even with all research done, there isn't Anything for drinking. I'm not asking to have wheat or maize put into the opening farm-plot availabilities, but a researchable thing for preferably wheat so that we have brewable foodstuffs available to us.

thank you
    sethius

oh one more thing: fsm:scripterror when temporary overseers were 'returned' when occupying workshops.

Unforked and gmkchicago like this.
  19. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

I had same issue as I was building my 2nd workshop. my 4th module disappeared and I thought I had oopsed and clicked while it was red, put another one in, and I had 5 showing in UI. I decided to blow it all up and try again.

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Is that event still around where a bajillion fishpeople invade your colony? I can't seem to trigger it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.