BETA 51D BETA 51D: WE'RE GOING TO NEED MORE GUNS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

It's strange though, it starts happening from day 1 with the initial food drop.

2. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

They also get the little positive saying ate something tasty, it looks more like the happiness is registering that something was eaten, but the hunger status is not.

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Oh does it? lol. Have you tried observing the villagers right when they eat, to see if it gets rid of their hunger status?

4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Ah. I see. The hunger status still affects their happiness rating though, right?

5. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

correct so they get the +4 ate something tasty, -16 starving haha.

6. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Yup...one of many little glitches going on. They are just starving in the woe is me type of way and just ate cooked meat, or maize chowder...and drank something...

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I wonder if this happens with all food, or just certain foods.

8. W1Z25

W1Z25 Member

im having food issues aswell, i watch them eat, the stockpile says i have ~200 food, and half my people are mad due to hunger

9. Unforked

Unforked Member

This one's going to sound crazy, but I swear I'm having stuck projects (like not making steel ingots despite most certainly having the ingredients) get fixed by saving and quitting, then loading again.

After being idle for days before quitting, the workshop will suddenly spring to life after a load and get it done. This has happened to me on about 4 different occasions now.

10. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Nope not crazy...I posted on page 2 on a similar issue. If you set to the #minimum, it seems to be broken, however, I was told by another player that it is hit and miss. My issues were with planks...and food...using the #minimum...but even without using it, it is taking a really long time to make stuff. Longer than it used to. I have noticed a few things "magically" get done fast.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, does anybody know what is causing the discrepancy? Also, if you can all send savegames with stockpiles/commodity menus that lie, I can start trying to figure out what the hell is going on this time.

I think the foreign office and trade depot were broken by building rewrite code from Daniel, and should be a quick fix on Monday. I'm not sure what is going on with the food situation. If it's this bad, we'll probably push 51E out quickly.

12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

All the saves I've posted in this thread before exhibited food discrepancies, IIRC.

The laboratory's menu is broken too, similarly to the foreign office and trade depot.

13. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

An update to the food issue, it looks like it is only affecting the overseer's, the lower class citizens are having the hunger status recorded correctly.

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

That's interesting. Too bad the feelings of the plebs don't matter! hahaha :)

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

I couldn't find a more dramatic example from earlier in my game, but here you can see a difference of about 30 planks between the commodities menu and stockpile. Now... I guess I could have planks out in the wild, but I have no pending buildings going on (the bricabrac project does decrease the planks.)

Stranger than that is the chili stew. Do I have 10, or 92?

20160605153401_1.jpg

Attached Files:

16. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

[​IMG]
    Here is the save, and an image to show the overseer's this one is right after eating a bushel of sausages.

Attached Files:

17. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

It's not just you. I can't brew anything on tropical biomes right now.

18. Fredrik

Fredrik Member

I like the "sucked_up_to_positive" error there.

19. Fredrik

Fredrik Member

Wow this update is one of the crashiest one I've tried so far. I can't keep playing, it just crashes after a while :(

20. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Found the food error and fixing it up now. (The new low-level foods did not correctly register with the Quality of Life system).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.