BETA 51D BETA 51D: WE'RE GOING TO NEED MORE GUNS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

I can make them without problems, must be a different issue?

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

My dude is stuck /shrug

3. Unforked

Unforked Member

The metalworks workbench module has all the weapons locker recipes except the grenade launcher and Leyden rifle. Mistake, or they hidden in an advanced module I haven't built?

Edit: also, I can't seem to make a Leyden pistol locker. Definitely have all the ingredients. Haven't tried any other weapon lockers.

Edit 2: locker is being built now... the commodities menu had lied to me

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I take that back, refined food does show up for iron ovens.

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash

Attached Files:

6. I still can't click on overseers from the Work Crews tab.
    And I'd appreciate a way to disable the "unassigned workstation" icon from a given building.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

You can set it to a "minimum 1 order" of something simple.

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Can't make chalkboards for some reason, with tons of planks. I'll double check with a new game later...

Edit: Once again a discrepancy in the commodities menu. It shows I have 43, when who knows what I really have. When it doubt, chop more trees and never trust the commodities menu.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It turns out my chemical workbench wasn't getting built because the lacquer was out in the wilderness, too far away.

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Is it just me, or is there no way to brew alcohol from molasses?

11. Wolg

Wolg Member

Yikes, aurochs have got dangerous... Didn't see how it happened, but assigned a civ overseer to hunt opportunistically, next thing I know an aurochs has gored him to death off screen.

... Are civ hunters even using weapons now?

12. Fredrik

Fredrik Member

Just crashed after a couple of days, here is the .dmp file.

Attached Files:

13. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Is anyone else experiencing this? When you set any building to the #minimum setting it doesn't work? For some reason everything being built, in the normal "setting" is taking forever and ever the #minimum not at all. I have almost 700 logs...have 2 stations producing planks...have 3 planks. That's with the normal building option. Other buildings pretty much the same thing...kitchen, ceramics...

Adding insult to injury the non-stop onslaught of those glowy worms is a bit much...that's just me, though...between them, the obelisks and now the selenians...is this the game's way of saying start over? I'm all for a challenge...but this is just wonky doodle.

Both the hubby and I are experiencing the building part...the attacks are just my game. We are on separate PC's...so I'm thinking the first part may be bugged...but I'm not an expert.

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, the minimum setting is all over the place. That, combined with the commodities menu showing you have a billion planks or something when you may really only have two... makes it really difficult to keep things organized in the mid to late game.

I believe those glowy worms are part of the Selenians (they take several forms). Personally, I find all Selenians are pushovers with a squad of redcoats and their default pistols... but maybe I just get lucky. Of course if you've got Obeliskians joining in, that's a different story:) I just hope enemy frequency doesn't get reduced too much, because that's a huge part of the fun and challenge for me.

Manamoo likes this.
  15. tojosan

tojosan Member

I'm having sudden exits of the game. Most consistently after an auto-save. No console or dump files.
    Mac
    Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Attached Files:

16. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

I haven't, maybe just my luck though.

I think your problem may be those 'glowy worms'. They are probably obstructing the hauling of logs to the carpentry shop, because labourers run away from them. They are fairly weak and a full military squad or one redcoat request from the empire should be enough to kill all of them.

It sounds like you should start over, if the Obeliskians are still alive/awake and you have no NCO and no overseer with military skill to promote to NCO either. In the future you could avoid Obeliskians by not fighting and labouring near them, at least that's my experience.

(the following doesn't apply to you)

To me, this game has been all about restarting and experimenting with work prioritization and management, and I am pretty angry with some of the steam reviews. Some miss the point, some just are plain stupid like complaints about bandits, when you don't even have to be hostile with them. So yeah, give it another go. See if you can do better in a different biome or with a different starting scenario.

Manamoo likes this.
  17. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

@Unforked and @Noratoxin Thanks for your advice and answers! I was going to try and quote you both, but I am not a forums guru, either.

Unforked: The glowy worms are pushovers, for sure...and I do have 2 full NCO's (my original died during my first obeleskian attack...those suckers are tough.) I keep them both filled because of the non-stop onslaught...granted the bandit warnings come to pass with no actual attack, I think the other baddies are getting to them first. I'm all for a challenge...maybe soon they will have an option for how frequent attacks you can get...that way for you, you can up it, and for me, I can lower it a bit.

Noratoxin: The glowy worms are not near where the logs are...and my military (both squads maxed out with people) are constantly chasing them down, losing sleep, getting injured...the obelskians are coming into my town...I'm no where near them, I think I may have gotten a bad start. I got an event notice and then all hell broke loose. It's fun, but the building part is very frustrating.

For you non-application to me...I do agree with you. I restart the game often and experiment...how else to learn? Plus every single game I've restarted has a different flavour, for sure. I've never experienced what I'm experiencing in my current game...and I am enjoying the Lovecraftian feel to it, being my favourite author, this game is almost like living in a Lovecraft tale. People are always going to complain...it's early access...even though it went from alpha to beta...means it's NOT done. I don't think most realize this.

Thanks to you both for your experiences and advice. I think I'm going to restart my very doomed game...I do admit, even with the issues, it's still so much fun.

Noratoxin and Unforked like this.
  18. Unforked

Unforked Member

If you like fire, I highly recommend starting in heavily wooded/grassy area and building a Leyden pistol locker for your barracks.

20160605093033_1.jpg

tojosan and Jonothan Thrace like this.
  19. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Is anyone running into an issue, where the colonists hunger just keeps getting worse even though they are eating?

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yes, but I think it might have to do with the mismatch in inventory display, so that you or the game thinks that you have more food than you actually do. I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.