BETA 51B HOTFIX NOW IN MAIN BRANCH AND EXPERIMENTAL BRANCHES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Confused Traders : Thought the laboratory was the trading post .... bless Capture.PNG

2. Yeah, it was a legacy mine from a legacy save. And right now, there's a traveling merchant standing on the edge of the map helplessly as a fishperson shoots at him and nobody's coming to his aid :( EDIT: The same thing happened to the second one in the exact same spot on the map, and the remaining traders are basically scattered around, slowly walking away from various horrors.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

2nd large lower class dorm never gets it's logs so can't be built. Stone all done. Same if I do a middle class one with bricks.

Metalworkers - only one ever working despite queued items and sufficient raw materials

Attached Files:

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Workers seem to not count what they've done right, for at least the following:
    • Standing Desk
    • Brick Ceramics Kiln
    For the first, I put an order (not standing) for 4 desks, but when the carpenter made them the counter stayed at 0/4 (and they made a 5th before I noticed. Similarly for the Brick Ceramics Kiln, it was at 0/1 after they made one and they made a second.

I see that now the Refined FOod recipe isn't locked behind the Republique event? I'm guessing this is due to the new UI (are things either there or not? I guess there's not greyed-out state).

Amazing rows of Ornate Wall Shrine. I was wondering how it would look. Pretty neat, it turns out.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

smelting crucible isn't working either, its been qeued for several days and nothing has happened

6. I got a bad input lock for "make planks," which is... pretty nasty. Still using a legacy save, so maybe it's a compatibility issue.

7. I got word of an impending invasion and opted for foreign aid, and there's no tooltip on the "A call to our allies" event notice. I hit screencap just too late to get one, sadly.

8. Jacq

Jacq Member

This seems exploitable?

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Nah, it's not a big deal. Even without the turtorial, they don't come for a while. And it's pretty easy to fend them off by building a few 2x2 mini barracks in the beginning.

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

I think players should always be attacked immediately after the tutorial ends. Only way to be sure they learned. ;)

11. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Even so, they'd only be cheating themselves. It's a single player game and no one elses experience can be ruined. If they want to build a huge settlement using some sort of exploit, they can go right ahead for all I care ;)

12. Jacq

Jacq Member

But then why bother nerfing windows or fixing the glitch where you could fulfill diplomacy quests multiple times?

Fwiw I just played a game where I intentionally didn't click through the final "click here to experience congratulation" and it was kinda nice to wait until I had enough workers to fill out my farm, workshop, and kitchen before bother to assign anyone to the NCO. I still think it would make more sense for there to be a timer or some other auto-end for it.

I assume closer to release we'll be able to alter most of these options anyways (e.g. options for frequency of bandit attacks, or sliders for foreign faction aggression levels)

13. So, I too have never been able to build the iron melting crucible on two saves (one started 51A, one started 51B) but this is not the main reason for the post.

That is that on both saves I have a colonist starving because they are working on a task that they are not working on. 51A is a carpenter making planks.
    The other 51B is an iron worker making bronze (which I also cannot ever make). Both produce an error message when the save is loaded.

While I could let them starve to death then keep playing, it doesn't seem right. I'm now going to attack my save files to see if I can fix the issue with some text file alteration, if I can find the blighter.

Attached Files:

14. It seems that dissecting fishpeople isn't producing either an alert or an entry in the history scroll.

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is working as intended, decided to downplay it a bit. May emphasize the dissections more if we feel it's appropriate, but in the short term it was just getting a bit spammy.

16. Wolg

Wolg Member

It appears that stone ovens, and possibly other modules too, remain usable while damaged and marked for repair. Was multi-stage breakage introduced and I didn't notice, or does the new workshop code not check for module damage...? :rolleyes:

17. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes, this is not correct! It'll also need to tell you a module is damaged in the UI. Logged as OC-4928, thanks for the report.

18. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Touché, valid point.

Jacq likes this.
  19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Day 27, we're farming up the desert :)

You know, I just noticed that there are a TON of stranded foreigners all over the map, welp. I wonder if summoning traders messes up something.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  20. Wolg

Wolg Member

(To be clear, the broken cog marker does appear on the module, the damage message is logged and the small explosion displayed. Just the colonists then keep using the module anyway... Unless this is for a "why is nothing getting produced?" hint, of course...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.