BETA 51A BETA 51A Hotfix Now Live!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Daniel, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolg

Wolg Member

Farmers used to remain in the list for other farms, but not workshops.

This way offers some interesting new possibilities for assignment fall-through. Question is, we know how module priority is supposed to go within a workshop; how are multiple workshops prioritised for the one crew?

2. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

It depends. There are currently 3 types of manufacturing problems with different effects:

1) The specific item Brick Kiln in the ceramics shop seems to just take a while to build, but will be built. There may be semi legit reasons for this as at that point your colony might be hurting for stone, or it may be scattered all over, the primitive colony may be producing unhappy citizens from poor quality sleep or food, and because it's a key item you're waiting on to advance to a new stage of manufacture so watched pot syndrome kicks in. That said, there seem to be an inordinate number of idle/admire tasks assigned to the person while they're working on it.

2) Some high end items like the Iron Smelting Crucible, Macroscope, vacuum chamber, etc, will *never* be built, even with maxed smelting research in the Lab. I've watched a person from a happy, advanced colony carry a few items towards the module with these tasks, but afterward they never get assigned a job other than Wander, Idle, or Admire. I watched them for an entire week, and no item was ever produced. If anyone has successfully built one of these in this build, I'd love to know about it.

3) Some items, especially those in the metal shop, produce the module killing "Bad Input/Update|Citizen" script error. If you ever get this, you should reload immediately to a save prior to giving the job assignment, because it will break the module assigned to it beyond repair, and eventually kill the colonist assigned to it of starvation. Items known to cause this at present include Brass Ingots, Steel Ingots, all metal brickabrac. There may be others.

The good news is, you can totally build lightning guns. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. Unforked

Unforked Member

Have you seen this get fired yet? Just built one myself.

4. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Ive seen them carried into battle against a terrifying squad of obelisks..ians(?) but there was so much graphical fireworks going on I couldn't make out how they looked when fired. The trick, as always, is to get your stupid redcoats to pick them up and use them. I mean why would you use a lightning gun, when you could just stick with the same terrible starting musket pistol the whole game (grumble).

By the way, that battle with the obsidian--obelsik...ians, created a bunch of what looked to be mini volcanoes or some such? It caused a weird performance issue where I was locked in place and could no longer navigate around the world. It wasnt an FPS drop (although there was that too) people were still moving around. I just couldn't move the camera or access any menus. Lasted about 20 seconds.

5. So, a weird little thing that I don't think I've reported before but seems to have been around since I started playing: Sometimes when I set my militia to do hunting jobs, they'll do them for a few days, then spontaneously stop and I'll find the hunting flag unchecked for them.

Jacq likes this.
  6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Did it happen after you assigned them to a barracks? Assigning them to a barracks always resets hunting, which is a pain.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Jacq likes this.
  7. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Speaking of equipping soldiers, I know that getting to a system where we have direct control over colonist loadout is a whole complicated thing. As a stopgap measure to ease the situation, I was wondering how easy it would be to make weapons trade-able, so we could sell unwanted guns to remove them from the colony.

Every time I see a colonist pick up a red "forbidden" musket pistol when there's a stack of carbine rifles nearby, I want to mark them for frontier justice.

8. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

51A *repeatable*

Here's a new one. Very shortly after loading the attached save game, the stone oven in the kitchen will generate that dreaded "Bad Input" script error, breaking the oven module, and causing the worker assigned to it to slowly starve to death in the field.

Bread recipe and wheat has been fine all game. As you can see, I have enough bread and beer to feed an army. Something else spontaneously caused the error:

Attached Files:

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It's sort of amazing how the batching seems to make people's colony development so much slower in the critical early few days...

10. Sometimes that's what happens, other times it seems totally random.

11. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Ornate Beds are not consuming gold ingots per their recipe.

12. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

I just watched them exterminate some bandits. I didn't see any lightning effects associated with the Leyden pistols ( :( ), but the bandits did seem to catch fire? So maybe that's a thing.

13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah, there aren't any special firing effects, but the targets catch fire, which is hilarious.

14. Speaking of fire, I was hunting a beetle and it exploded when it died, taking out one of my redcoats! No idea how that happened or why.
    Also, I can't click on *any* of my overseers from the work crews menu and I don't think I get the "current task" mouseover either.

15. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

51A

The following food items cannot be made at workbench. All ingredients (assuming grapes count towards preserves), spice rack, pots present. Worker just idles.

-Make Tin Exotic Caviar **works at oven, not at workbench**
    -Make Berry Preserves? (do grapes qualify?) Grapes do not qualify. Saskatoon berries work.
    -Make Tinned Meat

Pickled mushrooms work fine.

[edit] **Clarification on caviar

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    dbaumgart likes this.
  16. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

51A

In the attached save game there is a discrepancy between individual food stockpile and the Commodities menu. Stockpile reports 6 raw steak, commodities reports 2.

At least one has to be wrong.

[Edit] This file now crashes for me a few moments after loading. I had a brick wall surrounding most of my colony that doesn't load. Something must have become corrupted. You can see the same 6 vs 2 discrepancy in the earlier save game I've now uploaded. Save 43 doesn't crash, but the brick wall that should be around 60% of the colony is missing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  17. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Logged as OC-4827, will take a look.

Brick Kiln logged as OC-4831 - as you describe it, sounds like it may be an issue with dropping and picking up the job again due to length of job. Hmmm.

Mine crew wandering to edge of map = OC-4830.

(Thanks for the reports btw!)

18. dbaumgart

Logged it all as OC-4833, thanks for the report.

1. Logged as OC-4837
    2. Logged as OC-4836
    3. Logged as OC-4838
    Thanks for the reports, we'll get this fixed up ASAP.

19. dbaumgart

Logged issues with general use of service-based offices this as OC-4840, thx!

20. I got the Fishy Idol event and went with the (not sure if event arcs need to be spoiled)
    let the colonist transform and take the idol to their fishpeople
    solution.
    The colonist disappeared, but the idol is still laying around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.