Balancing Around Necronomiconomics

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rarefied Horse Meat, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Razarus

Razarus Member

Well i can't win against that amount of arguments, gotta make some Solid Necro build and take a second look at it than :)

2. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Fair build, if you'd like:

Necro - meat and potatoes of the build - cap it, FAST.

Blood Magic - your batteries. Depending on build choices, can push it up after Necro or wait on it - if you have Emomancy level 2 or Killer Vegan capped, rush to the Phylactery; it replaces all other healing materials for you.

Ley Line Walker - more batteries plus teleport skill - push it after Necro, as the teleport is gold.

Astrology - the tier 1 buff keeps you from Necropaining yourself to death before you find a Little Black Book or two - this is your last skill to up, essentially.

Either Burglary AND Archaeology, OR Tinkering - trap handling. Once you've got Necro, Blood, and Ley capped, about the only thing that can kill you is traps and stupidity. This allows you to handle traps - Tinkering conserves skill space and lets you build bombs for fun, bolts for 3 or less enemies, and a solid amulet till you find a Time Lord's Scarf or a Crownstar Addendum. Burglary gives you infnite lockpicks and a backup teleport plus early raiding from vending machines and eventual snags from shops - and you can get ANYTHING via 5-Finger Discount, subject to randomness. I've had a floor 1 Doul's pop before. Archaeology gives you a butt-ton of XP - Translation and Krong aren't all that great, but the trapskill is nice, and the Fedora is OK. My pick would be Tinkering despite that - you need to conserve skillpoints early and having to spend on 2 trees to get a lesser effect is bad.

Either Emomancy OR Killer Vegan - Killer Vegan has much better all around statbuffs. Emomancy feeds your magic and gets the cursebreaker earlier, plus its curse breaker is not on a timer, plus the Black Eyeliner is basically a second Mark. Vegan makes floor 1 fairly easy since Diggles and Batties won't take pokes at you and can be Bolted in total safety - the Vegan curses don't pop on ranged kills. It's a tossup, but the early cursebreaker tips my favor towards Emo.

If you go Tinkering, you'll have one skill left - Archery gets you bolts and a crossbow to start, Swords will give you a little buff with your starting weapon(Blood Magic gives you a Ritual Dagger - 1:dmg_slashing:, 1:dmg_piercing:, 1:magic_power:, better than Swords itself gives!) and a "spare" you can fisk if you want to. Demonology gives you access to the Circle and helps counter up the -:resist_righteous: you'll be taking from Blood Magic...as long as you don't go above level 3. Dual Wield lets you double up on the offense, though eventually it's highly likely you'll end up two-balling it(Dark Orb, Orb Of Nothingness both have 2:resist_nercomatic: and add to your mana regen and magic power), and it really works best with a weapon skill to double up on the bonuses. Alchemy gives you more :sagacity: and access to Noxious Brimstone Flasks, possibly the third-best AoE weapon in the game, plus another healing option. Play around and see what fits.

3. Razarus

Razarus Member

Wow. You sure took a strike at that ;P Nice. Most of it i knew but the Vegan sounds like an idea i never made a character that had it for serious gotta try it sometime. But i think ill take Emo and Archeologist as i almost always do (love the xp boost). Also Demonology sounds good as last cos circle is helpful as hell (Demonology / Hell get it? *giggles*) .
    Gonna try it once ill complete my present character (Pyro-Psionic-Golemist with Unarmed, always wanted to check out the Wall / Thaumite combo and never had the time, right now im floor 7 and i must confess thaumite gets kinda weak on floor 6).