AutoPause on Ctrl-Esc

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by Exile, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Exile

Exile Member

If one was to forget to manually pause. before an ctrl-esc command an, :Auto pause would then occur.
    This should avoid loss of consumables during the period of time in which, the game was in fact, paused .
    It should then restored manually, to ensure that the pause had actually occurred
    This is done on at least one major Game :Anno 1404 Venice.
    Edit Major Correction!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

What precisely does Alt-Delete do? Minimize?

Exile likes this.
  3. Exile

Exile Member

My profuse apology!
    A senior insomniac moment.
    The command should have been ctrl-esc. This will minimize the game returning to the main windows desktop screen,from which one may quickly return .
    I have corrected the original post.:confused:
    Sorry,

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. Exile

Exile Member

Thus.
    Thank You

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

Sounds like pause if the game loses focus... There will be people who would want to disable such behaviour, i think.

Exile likes this.
  6. Exile

Exile Member

I suppose the developers should leave well enough alone?
    Yes if one was hoping that things would advance nicely without actually playing, , that would depend on the conditions in the colony
    .I suppose the best thing is, not forgetting to pause the game, if one did not have the colony in shape..

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I actually like playing CE in the background. It's sort of soothing and the game can alert me if anything has gone terribly wrong. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to have an option to pause the game if the window is minimized, not just losing focus. I'll look into what Windows actually lets me hook.

Exile likes this.