Author of "Pictures for Sad Children" admits to faking depression for money

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SkyMuffin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

Really?
    The first and middle options I provided don't change that?
    You've never ever acted differently, to the way you feel, around other people?

As for the question of satire. I agree that it's not necessarily good satire, but how many comedians have made jokes about serious topics in the past? It's hardly a new thing. I've seen people on these forums post links to jokes about child molestation, no-one got up in arms about that, because it was a joke. Certainly not something to hang someone over.
    Quite frankly, that's what comedians do. Make jokes, for money.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Situational context, there.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am the resident forum troll. I do not recall this ever coming up here. Can you demonstrate this? A link or anything? There are only a few minor situations where I can see this sort of bad taste being tolerable, and if you are objecting, please link it in and I promise the posts doing that will cease to exist. Gaslamp Games is very, very correct on matters of offense. They do not tolerate such things when anyone feels it is inappropriate.

Molestation, weather a child or an adult, or even an inanimate object, is not fit for discussion here. There are other forums where these things can be discussed. So please show me what you mean, or I will presume you mean that such jokes happen on *Other* forums.

Also, just because you did not hear the full discussion about something that may have been slightly inappropriate, that in no way means there was not lots of discussion behind the scenes to determine if the posts should remain as they are, or to be edited.

If you have been here a long time, then you likely recall I once had a different handle. I was asked by the Gaslamp Games crew to change it. The fact is that they recognized that I was incorrect about what exactly my previous name meant. To be clear, I was formerly known as "OmniNegro" but that does not actually mean "All Black" as in the color but not the race/creed. What Nicholas revealed is that it actually meant "All Black Slave" And that did not match what I wanted to convey. So I relented and they changed it.

My current handle actually is the Latin for "All Black". Thank you Nicholas for the help pulling my head from my ass. :D

I know I am far from the topic, but I hope that this clarifies that they do care to avoid this sort of thing.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

That's exactly what I mean.
    Just because someone makes a bad joke, or a joke about a serious topic, or a bad joke about a serious topic, does not mean they are the scum of the Earth who deserve to suffer whatever it was they joked about or worse.

Assuming that post on Kickstarter was satire, rather than one of the other options, I can quite admit it was bad satire about a serious subject. But why does that mean he deserves the level of ridicule and attacks that people aiming towards him?

As for the link to jokes on these forums, I don't have one and I'm not going to go through every thread I've read here to find one. It was definitely on these forums however.
    I didn't find the joke particularly offensive, because it weren't meant that way. The humour in the joke was not the pathetic type of humour that often comes with such jokes, where the person making it expects you to laugh out of shock, not because it's funny. No offence was meant and the joke was humorous in its own right, so I took no offence.
    But, nevertheless, it was still a joke on a serious topic. My point is that that is not necessarily bad, nor necessarily a bad reflection on the person making the joke

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you have such a link, PM this to me as I don't recall ever seeing something like this either - and it wouldn't stand on my watch.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. mining

mining Member

But... but... the wandlore jokes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

My wand is animate. :p

8. mining

mining Member

[​IMG]

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.