Asgaardian Stormhammer

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Kurotaka, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Kurotaka

Kurotaka Member

So i have created an account only for one thing that bother me and i don't know where to post this : when i'm playing this game, i like to play with this habbit that i equip the stuff the most expensive (nearly all time) and for the "Asgaardian Stormhammer" it trouble me that his price is so low. When i look to the dredmorpedia i find that it's an artefact quality 6 who can deal 36 damage and have 6 resistance, at the same time we have the magma mace : artefact quality 5 who can deal 16 damage and have 3 resistance for the same price. Is it a bug ? Is it normal or i'm missing something?

Also this game rocks and i love you all guys for making games like this :D. (excuse my english not totaly perfect)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

I think the real issue here is whether all maces are male or not.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Kurotaka, welcome to the Gaslamp games community!

I know this might come to a suprise, but many of the prices for weapons were written without any regard for gameplay balance. Asgaardian Stormhammer is just one example of the many overpriced or underpriced items in the game. It's not a bug, it's a feature. A poorly designed feature, yes, but a feature nonetheless.

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  4. mining

mining Member

It's also craftable, so overpricing it would be bad.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  5. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

For best pricing stop buying stuff.... No really, vending machines are the only vendors I pay anymore. Anything worth buying from Brax is worth stealing. :D

6. Kurotaka

Kurotaka Member

Thanks you all for your reply. And yeah it's a surprise ! Up to now i found (nearby) all the items were pretty balanced for the price and it would be a good idea to equip the stuff the more valuable and not have to think too much, well it seems i've been in the wrong :/

7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It depends also for your build: lots of high end mage stuff is expensive, but it's not useful to warriors (like +:magic_power: and +:mana_regen:). ^^'

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kurotaka

Kurotaka Member

I'm always playing with random build but yeah that's logical, i will not equip stuff who boost my mana/magic power if i am more a warrior or a rogue, that's why i said i equip stuff the most expensive NEARLY all the time, i think a little still ;)

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.