ASCII Invasion ~ playtesters requested!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by OneMoreNameless, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

this is the coolest idea for a mod ever.

OmniaNigrum, lujo86 and Essence like this.
  2. A Fallen Wizard wouldn't have effected Tied Up, since the 'mass debuff' spell is literally just a huge-ass list of removebuffbynames for beneficial, non-healing non-invis buffs. What's probably the issue is that Tied Up's damage over time trigger is somehow getting "cured" without the main debuff being cancelled, or else there's some glitch occurring because I tacked two DOTs on the same buff. I'll look into it / try an alternative. In the meanwhile ... hopefully you find a zodiac wand?

Lesser Mimics have 33% natural counter / reflect, the idea being that even a strong hero can't rely on just steamrolling them in the middle of fight, and has to adjust their tactics or retreat once in a while. I am nerfing them in the next version.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  3. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

>monster that punishes you for trying to steamroll them

Bravo. The game needs more of those. Hard counters to mages are brutal; ultra-tanky enemies have workarounds. Disgusting stats like those on moustached assholes is the way to go.

4. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Second the mimic nerf. They're not impossible to kill, but they have way too much counter atm, or something. It's the mechanic, it makes them hit twice and you skip a turn.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

^^What Kazuhiro said. No nerfyz plzkthxbai

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Changing it to Dodge and making it even worse would be a decent alternative. Because yeah, you not hitting them and them hitting you is pretty nasty.

OmniaNigrum, lujo86 and Essence like this.
  7. Essence

OK. Got blowed up by a Kobold. I love this mod. +Badass list time.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Told you :D

And the dodge suggestion is totaly off flavour, but very right on mechanical grounds. I don't mind there being an unhittable bugger, even if the ability goes to some other monster and the mimic gets a new one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. mkire

mkire Member

Is it possible to make alcholy water?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Not at the moment, but I can add a crafting recipe for it in the next version.

We already have those, they're called Battys.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  11. mkire

mkire Member

thank you.

a secondary request: an alchemy 0 recipe for it, maybe make it more expensive than one with alchemy skill.

I use a ton of mods because it makes it more fun for me, but doing so means i can potentially never see what vanilla DoD would call common ingredients for craft recipes

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Played this through a bit-- so far I really like the range of monsters, particularly in terms of resistances and damage types. It adds an extra dimension to strategy compared to the base game.

Now I just have to find some zodiac wands...

13. 1.3 is up.

Edit: Re-uploaded without the D10 Troll Dredmor rooms. I just tried out another mod that used basically the same dead-ends through multiple dungeon floors and good god did they get old instantly. The rest of ASCII Invasion's rooms are all thoughtfully designed, tactically interesting layouts that don't just rely on amusing gimmicks or taunting you with items you can't reach without skill X, I swear.

OmniaNigrum, SkyMuffin and Kazeto like this.
  14. Essence

Just out of curiosity, why remove alcoholy water?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. I only added Alcoholy Water as a way for the player to trigger 'soul accountancy' and have their stacked defeated souls counted and replaced with single Freed Soul buff (or eventually summon the Fallen miniboss fight). Since discovering a way for the soul count to be adjusted automatically once any of the Fallen die, Alcoholy Water became redundant. And the last thing DoD needs is more uninteresting, unstackable healing items.

16. mkire

mkire Member

I don't know if DoD gives crash reports, and if it does i have no idea where to look for them.

I'm getting an immediate CTD whenever i try to load the game with 1.3 in my mod list. Sometimes i don't get it immediately, rather it happens when i click on new game

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Do you have any other mods active? Have you tried redownloading the file in case it was corrupted? Everything's running smoothly for me, so ... operating system? I don't know. :\

Edit: I'll re-upload 1.2 in a moment and add it to the OP, please also try that instead and see if there's any difference.
    Edit edit: Which game expansions do you have?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. mkire

mkire Member

i have all the expansions, just tried running only 1.3 and still got crash issues. I'll try redownloading. I'm running XP.

edit:
    I did a couple of things: Steam's been whining about not-synced files, (likely from me deleting old save-file junk now that i think about it) I did a quick reinstall of dredmor, i also got rid of several mods that i don't like all that much or didn't use. Finally i redownloaded 1.3 and it seems to work now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. mkire

mkire Member

I was using 1.2 more or less fine, i'd have an occasional crash, but a little instability is the price you generally pay when you're running some 20-40 mods on any game

edit: *general swears* My problem is an incompatibility between the 1.3 version of your mod and one of the others i use. Dredmor doesn't have an easy way to detect conflicts AFAIK, and it's programmed to not be easy to quit

edit edit: That was easy. My conflict is between Compleat Essential Skills 1.1 and 1.3 ASCII invasion

edit edit edit: Or not. I have no idea what's going on, but i guess i'll go back to using 1.2, since i can't figure out which of the other mods i'm using is conflciting with 1.3

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Palmito

Palmito Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.