OS X Lion Artifact stat bonus not registering

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by shippy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. shippy

shippy Member

So I'm on Level 11, just found a katana with 5 wandcraft on it and I'd like to craft some wands. Unfortunately when I equip the sword my wandcraft stat stays at 0. Is this intended?

Similarly, my character had some problems with sight bonuses on gear. screen 2012-01-08 at Sun 8 Jan 2012  12.46.png

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I noticed this as well, with Wand Crafting as well.
    It might be the same for Tinker's goggles without Tinkerer skill points.
    I think it was done to not make it easy to make items without the skill? I'm not sure.
    But sight works fine for me. Nice luck finding the armor and helmet in that set. :)

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, wand lore is an obsolete stat (that has the same icon as wandcraft) and doesn't do anything so it doesn't increase.

4. Toastee

Toastee Member

This is a very frustrating bug!

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Erm, Toastee, it's not really a major bug, it's just an obsolete skill.
    That said, maybe you guys can program it so you can get a free reroll, I.E, it doesn't count to the "Got lost in your own museum nerf" using "This translation is all wrong!" on items with wand lore bonuses? :) I'd rather have +1 to AA on a sword, than 5 useless points in a skill no longer used.

6. shippy

shippy Member

Useless stats are quite annoying, they make some artifacts totally useless. IMHO, it would be better if they were only implemented once they did something.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

I am waiting for them to turn wand lore into 'enemy resist reduction'. As you get deeper everything gets resisted!