Artful Dodger tree - underpowered?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Tycho, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Tycho

Tycho Member

About the only really impressive ability I see there is Knightly Leap with its very short cooldown (but slightly inconvenient limitations on movement). Other than that it looks very bland. Think I would go with Perception before I would touch Dodger. Any other opinions?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Aikido or whatever the name of the first skill, is pretty decent. Not for the damage but it does stun enemies giving you a free turn. And the more dodge you have, the more often it'll stun.

3. Marak

Marak Member

I generally find it underwhelming as well, although the recent addition of Akaikido for Adventurers makes it a bit more viable. I'd say it's best for a light-to-medium armored, Rogue-Skills-heavy, dual-wielding character who's stacking Dodge and Counter vs. pure Armor Absorb and Block.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

At first I thought :dodge: bonus was quite a lot, but after playing through Going Rogue...yeah, it's way underpowered. Especially since monsters start getting their own :edr:.

Dodge doesn't compare at all to the benefits of never even getting within melee range of your enemies. If it added some other stats or had some interesting skills, maybe...

My suggestion: A basic skill where you have a 50% chance to move backwards one spot if attacked. Something like that would instantly make it better. The final skill is kind of iffy in that regard-- definitely not reliable enough.