Art/Sprites Request

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FaustoMartense, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hi! I am in need of some sprites for a mini black helicopter (to use as a monster ) and a digglet in suit (Men in Black style) for the Conspiracy Victim skill tree. (If you like the mod and would like to contribute with more ideas/sprites, go ahead.)

For my Leprechaun mod I would like to see some items... for example a green hat (there is a perfect sprite for it in the dead animation of the Lucky), green clothes, some shoes... four leaf clovers to use as amulets, that kind of stuff. Lot of green.

If you have any doubt or idea to improve my mods, do not be shy, send me a message :)

Thanks in advance.

PD: I almost forget! If you do not have pixel art/drawing skills, you can also work on the flavour text of my mods (all of them suck at it).

2. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

So, are you asking people to make you sprites for free?

(Also, monster spriting is pretty much work)

3. Well... when you put it like that It sounds like a bad thing... It is for free but I am not commanding anyone to do it, if someone is interested they can help me. I tried to learn of to draw items for the game but I got nowhere :(

Of course, if someone wants to help me, they get their name in my mods as contributors.

(Still, if it is wrong I will delete the thread)

4. Coding and balancing skill trees is pretty much work, if you're going to be like that. It's hardly wrong to ask for someone with different skills / preferences to join in creating a free mod in their spare time.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

So, do you ask money to people to help you creating something free and small?
    As if it were the first time someone ask nicely for help.

Essence likes this.
  6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

pssh, people have done art assets for one another multiple times on these forums. work for one person may be enjoyable for another

7. Thanks for all the support guys but please do not make a war out of Alistaire´s comment.
    I tried to create custom items through pixel art but I did not get the hand of it, I also watched and practiced with FaxCelestis´s video tutorials but I could not make it work for me, so I know that drawing with pixels is very difficult. Maybe Alistaire missunderstood my words, I just wanted to know if someone wanted to contribute in my mods (that are basically code and nothing else) since there is a new option in the Steam Workshop to add contributors and give other modders a more visible participation in the mod...
    I am not that good at coding but it is the only thing I can do (somewhat) decently, I am not witty enough to write good flavour text and I do not know how to create images/sprites for the items, so that is what I am asking. :)

I

Vitellozzo likes this.
  8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I wouldn't mind trying the flavor text if you need someone still. :)

9. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm totally with you, Faustino. Coding up skills and whipping out flavor text is something I literally do for fun to relax after a hard day's writing, but making icons is God-awful and making sprites is out of the question for me. :)

Vitellozzo likes this.
  10. Thanks! Basically all my mods (currently four) need better flavour text. The one that got a lot of attention/love was Conspiracy Victim so I would like to improve it somehow, flavour text is a good start :) (I will give pixel drawing another chance since I need to add some items to each mod) but I am not picky, if you feel/like another of my mods, pick that one :) (If you do not like my mods, please do not tell me ;) )

Also, do not rush, if you have time and nothing else to do, fine but do not focus on this so much :)

Vitellozzo likes this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Who could tell you "I don't like Conspiracy Victim idea"? Come on, You are SURE there is something alongside everything in those damn dungeons.
    I also love the Agar Aguardian for both being a powerful (and magic) trasformation and for being in fact a polymorph into something already in-game.
    And come on, everyone loves beer.
    Your only mod I didn't tried yet is the steam squire, just because I was comfortable with all my previous mods.

FaustoMartense likes this.