ARRGGHHH!!! Seriously! Make up your freaken minds!!!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by ScytheKnight, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight Member

OK... this is something that's REALLY starting to annoy me.... will you guys at Gaslamp please, please, PLEASE, PLEEAAASSSEEE! make up your mind once and for all if upgrading items will keep enchantments or not?! Playing one time and having enchantments carry over then coming back a few months later and getting royally rooted because 2-3 floors of enchantments go *poof* in an upgrade is SERIOUSLY driving me up the ****ing wall!!

2. mining

mining Member

Pretty sure they never stayed?

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Crafting an item will always, and has always, removed all enchantments on that item. Adding encrusted will not.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight Member

*frowns* I could seriously swear I remember last time I was playing (a few months ago) that I could upgrade weapons and the Kong enchantments would roll over to the new weapon...

5. thecraww

thecraww Member

Perhaps the new weapon possessed similar enough stats to the prior krong stats just by default and created the illusion of a carrying over.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight Member

*scratches his head*

Have I just gone and n00bed myself?

Bollocks!

Essence likes this.
  7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, 'upgrading' via crafting turns items into entirely new items and they therefore lose all encrustings/enchantments/curses attached to them.

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Shan3th3pain

Shan3th3pain Member

Perhaps a skill that allows this to happen?? not a bad idea to add in :D

9. Createx

Createx Member

A skill that adds that would probably be a major code rewrite. You'd need to export the Krong values and somehow add them to the new item, and there's no function for that right now.
    Encrusting doesn't have this problem since it only adds more stats to the item!

Kazeto likes this.